upgrading

14 years 11 months ago #100574 by sublimemovement
Replied by sublimemovement on topic Re:upgrading
like i said it is vague for a person that is new (like me) to joomla. am i in the right right place to find out beginner instructions for uninstalling the upgrade for CB. because the readme does not state if the modules are part of the "cb component". if CB component is comprofiler why dont the just say that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #100575 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:upgrading

Then uninstall Community Builder (comprofiler).

:huh:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #100641 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:upgrading
Thanks for your suggestion for expressely naming comprofiler, will be clarified in next README version.

Unfortunately, Joomla 1.5 doesn't show the name, but the folder name for the installed components, so that made it unclear in 1.5 compared to joomla 1.0.

We will improve that part. Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 4 months ago #120318 by Boizan
Replied by Boizan on topic Re:upgrading
Hello!
I am a subscriber of Joomlapolis and have the information on upgrading CB 1.2 to 1.2.1. Point 2 asks you to uninstall CB Component. I open Extensions>Install/Uninstall>Component and look on the list but I do not find any CB Component to uninstall. I searched out also Modules and Plugins but did not find it.
I would appreciate very much your indications.
Regards,
Boizan

14 years 4 months ago #120334 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:upgrading
Boizan wrote:

Hello!
I am a subscriber of Joomlapolis and have the information on upgrading CB 1.2 to 1.2.1. Point 2 asks you to uninstall CB Component. I open Extensions>Install/Uninstall>Component and look on the list but I do not find any CB Component to uninstall. I searched out also Modules and Plugins but did not find it.
I would appreciate very much your indications.
Regards,
Boizan

Best thing to do is to follow expert upgrade process.

Just unzip contents of cb_expert_files_only_j_1.5.tar.gz package included in the CB 1.2.1 distribution and use your ftp program to overwrite the 3 folders in your CB 1.2 site.

Make sure you backup first and run CB tools later.

Otherwise, uninstall comprofiler (thats the component name for community builder)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds