ERROR: Multiple Image Uploads in Field Manager

14 years 10 months ago #102910 by jcolson
Excuse me if this question is too simple.

I am trying to find a way to allow our weight loss customers to upload before and after pictures by accessing their profile and uploading them.

The problem I have run into is that it will only allow for one picture to upload, whereas if I try to include two, both of the picture uploads share the same upload field and there is an error that comes up after you try to upload just one that states that it doesnt have a file to upload.

If I just use one image field rather than the two, before and after pictures and just use the before picture by itself, it works just fine.

I already checked to make sure the file size and picture size is enough in the field manager, and I have only tried upoading small files.

These are some of the settings.

Maximim height: 500
maximum width: 200
Maximim file size: 4000 kb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102919 by jcolson
Also, I just started using Imagemagick, which is automatically integrated.

If there is any way of uploading multiple files, I would appreciate the help so much. If not, then any suggestions outside of using community builder to do thius would be much appreciated.

14 years 10 months ago #102976 by jcolson
Please someone,

All I need is a way to allow users to upload two additional pictures besides the Avater.

It is odd that they have an option to create an image upload field, but it only allows you one.

Check out the site here and notice that when you try to upload an image, only one box will appear to allow only one upload, but when you try it, it still wont work.

www.advancehcg.com/members

14 years 10 months ago #102988 by nant
jcolson wrote:

It is odd that they have an option to create an image upload field, but it only allows you one.

Why don't you create two image fields?

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/06/24 09:27

14 years 10 months ago #102990 by jcolson
I tried that.

When there are two image fields, it wont allow you to upload to either one.

When there is just one image field it works just fine.

Example:

I created two image fields, both of which i also created a different tabs that they were placed in. The before picture was in the before picture tab. The after picture was placed in the After Picture Tab.

What happens when you pull the drop down menu to upload the image to the first (before picture) , the browser box doesnt open under it. It opens under the second image field (after Picture), even though the second field is even placed in another tab. You have to tab over to see the difference.

Of course it also seems funny in the register page because the browse box only opens up under the last picture upload field no matter how many you create.

The only way the picture will actually upload is if I remove all but one image field )other than the original Avatar.

14 years 10 months ago #102993 by jcolson
Why don't you create two image fields?[/quote]

I know I am a little new at this, but I have checked all the 'duh' type stuff.

I am going to upgrade to the latest community builder and see if that helps.

What I have installed

CB, going to upgrade to latest 1.2.1
Fireboard 1.0
Uddeim 1.7
Yanc 1.5.1
sh404sef 1.3.9
cbp 1.5
easyfaq 1.0 beta3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn