CB 1.0 stable Released!

18 years 3 days ago #12799 by kerron
Replied by kerron on topic Re:ITEM ID MANAGER
what is this itemid manager? where is it? i cant find it anywhere!!! help me please

www.itropica.com check us out

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 days ago #12829 by daya
Replied by daya on topic Re:CB 1.0 - more feedback
CB still remains unreliable in rightly detecting people who are online. Both the new Online module and the field "online status" in the Userslist display old ghosts as they did in the past.

18 years 3 days ago #12841 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:CB 1.0 - more feedback
What do you mean with it displays old ghosts. Does it display people online when they aren't online?

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

18 years 3 days ago #12874 by daya
Machiel wrote:

Does it display people online when they aren't online?

exactly, Machiel

18 years 3 days ago #12882 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:CB 1.0 - more feedback
There's a reasonable explanation for this. The who's online module checks in the #__session table which session there are and for which user there are sessions. If there is a session for a user than he will be displayed online.

When a user pushes the logout button the session will be distroyed and he also won't show up in the who's online module anymore. But when he just closes his browsers then his session is still in the database and will be deleted after a specified amount of time. You can set this session lifetime in your joomla global config in the server tab.

So the who's online module doesn't works perfect when people doesn't use the logout button to log themselves out. But when they use that button than the login module works just fine.

Hope my story is clear. And maybe could someone make a solution. Like if somecloses his browser that his session will automatically deleted or something like that. Or just shorten your session lifetime. But say if you set the session lifetime too 60 seconds and a user is on your site but inactive for 60 seconds he's automatically logged out then.

Grz
Machiel

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

18 years 2 days ago #12908 by daya
I got it clear, Machiel, and I am going to work on it. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds