CB 1.0 stable Released!

18 years 2 days ago #12980 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:CB 1.0 - more feedback
This will help that problem -- it uses AJAX!

Who's Online XT is a replacement for the standard Who's Online module. It uses AJAX to dynamically update the list of users who are online, and provides optional linking to user pages such as Community Builder profiles or private messaging components. It monitors user inactivity and can display inactive users as being away.

extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,531/Itemid,35/

Post edited by: dsendecki, at: 2006/05/17 00:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 days ago #12989 by daya
Replied by daya on topic Re:CB 1.0 - more feedback
ATTN: dsendecki

That's exactly the kind of extension I have been looking for -- one that lets me know when my friends are online and send them PMs. But for some crazy reason, mod_whosonlinext entails internal server error #500 on my site.

ATTN: machiel

I am testing with session time set to 1 sec, and things look normal right now ...
no more ghosts, at any rate :laugh:

18 years 2 days ago #12992 by daya
Replied by daya on topic Re:CB 1.0 - CB ONLINE
Another related posting.

if you click a name displayed as onlne by this module, it allows you to send an e-mail to him or her. Is there a way to replace "e-mail" with "PM"?

18 years 2 days ago #13009 by kerron
Replied by kerron on topic Re:CB 1.0 - CB ONLINE
Please help me with the item id manager thing! please HELP how do i use it , wh ere do i find it etc

www.itropica.com check us out

18 years 2 days ago #13031 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:CB 1.0 - CB ONLINE
daya wrote:

Another related posting.

if you click a name displayed as onlne by this module, it allows you to send an e-mail to him or her. Is there a way to replace "e-mail" with "PM"?

Daya:

There are enough methods to replace that. And also there are enough online modules who allready have it. I guess lennoxonline module also got it. Search for the joomlapolis forums to find it.

You have set the session time to 1 sec the problem with that is that when a user is inactive for some time he will be logged out automatically. So I would advise you to set session time to 60 or 120 seconds.

dsendecki:

That who's online indeeds uses AJAX but that doesn't solves the problem. The problem is that when a user closes his window he isn't logged out automatically and the session is still alive in your database. And so the AJAX module will still display users online when the aren't online anymore because they closed their window instead of logging out first.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

18 years 2 days ago #13033 by heltsonika
Replied by heltsonika on topic Re:CB 1.0 - CB ONLINE
Is profilebook and Guestbook the same plugin?

If that's the case I can't wait to start using this new CB! ;)

Thumbs up for the development team!:woohoo:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds