Joomla 1.5 RC2 Released!

16 years 8 months ago #44886 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 RC2 Released!
Swiftly wrote:

beat wrote:

WIth Joomla 1.5 you are usually better off using SVN or nightly builds... ;)

Ok, just to see if i understand your posts correctly, you advise to use the latest nightly Joomla 1.5(or SVN) together with CB 1.1?

well, my advise is not to use J 1.5 RC2 on production sites yet - with or without CB 1.1.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #44892 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 RC2 Released!
Swiftly wrote:

beat wrote:

Ok, just to see if i understand your posts correctly, you advise to use the latest nightly Joomla 1.5(or SVN) together with CB 1.1?

No, for now I advice to use either latest Joomla 1.0.x or Mambo 4.6.x with CB 1.1 on production sites.

If you choose to test-run Joomla 1.5 RC2 with CB, you are better at usually trying a SVN or nightly than a RC, as those RC1 and RC2 builds have unfortunately not gone through Q&T by lack of time, and are less stable than most SVN snapshots or nightly builds.

Joomla 1.5 RC2 and beyond requires CB 1.1.

But CB 1.1 does not require Joomla 1.5, it runs fine on any Mambo or Joomla release.

Hope this clarifies :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #47848 by Arrakkis
Replied by Arrakkis on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 RC2 Released!
beat wrote:

If you choose to test-run Joomla 1.5 RC2 with CB, you are better at usually trying a SVN or nightly than a RC, as those RC1 and RC2 builds have unfortunately not gone through Q&T by lack of time, and are less stable than most SVN snapshots or nightly builds.

[/quote]

I choose to try BUT ... where do i find the SVN or nightly to try on RC3 of joomla?

TIA Marco

Post edited by: Arrakkis, at: 2007/10/13 22:55

16 years 4 months ago #52500 by wislizeni
Replied by wislizeni on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 RC2 Released!
I don't see updates in this thread about the current status of Joomla 1.5 RC2 version. Is it recommended for production use yet?

16 years 4 months ago #52502 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 RC2 Released!
wislizeni wrote:

I don't see updates in this thread about the current status of Joomla 1.5 RC2 version. Is it recommended for production use yet?

Updates about the status of Joomla 1.5 RCX should be available on the joomla.org site.

The J! Team is very methodical about posting updates. They have been 'squashing bugs' as they put it by the dozen.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds