CB 1.2 Release?

16 years 3 months ago #56627 by darb
Replied by darb on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
dejh wrote:

Hello,

Is there any chance of sync CB 1.2 -> phpBB3 using the new RokBridge GNU/GPL ( www.rocketwerx.com ) for the new CB 1.2?

Ernesto J

You have a good component called CBconnector already doing this. www.cbconnector.com working well.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #58920 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Authentication & Acct Creation via JFusion
Beat / Nant
Great work. Excited about 1.2. I have seen lots of talk in many threads about authentication (LDAP/SSO). Lots of ways to approach it, and CB is caught in the middle. It is a good/bad place to be. Everyone wants you to solve their problem.

Previuously I submitted the 'Email address as loginID hack'. Hope that makes its way in as well. :)

But now I have a new question/problem that perhaps should be considered with all of the authentication work you are doing now. It is related to JFusion. www.jfusion.org/ and extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,3723/Itemid,35/

JFusion is now the TOP RATED EXTENSION at the Joomla Extensions site. People are very hungry for this feature. It allows user authentication between Joomla 1.5 and vBulletin/phpBB3/SMF etc. It uses the BBS account info to authorize login to Joomla. They are working on an auto-sych capability to create Joomla user accounts from the BBS user database.

QUESTION:
Can we 'CB folks' get connected to make sure that CB ACCOUNT CREATION occurs properly through JFusion? JFusion has a plugin architecture to support different apps (BBS, ecommerce,etc) and assign account priveledges within Joomla. They have identified CB as a problem area (along with Virtuemart) but perhaps compatibility with CB 1.2 is doable considering native J1.5 mode and all of the new authentication features that are being added.

Here are a few posts from the JFusion board that might help to get thoughts started.

Stuff about user synching www.jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=189&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

www.jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=115

I am researching the possibility of using vBulletin as a forum and universal login resource for multiple Joomla+CB sites. I would wrap unique SubForums into each different Joomla site, and use vbulletin as a unified user database and login for all Joomla sites. I was originally researching LDAP for unified login with Joomla and vBulletin, but using vBulletin as a central login for all sites might kill two birds with one stone. Dont know if it is possible. I will hit the JFusion board next with some question.

Thanks
Bert

Here is my post at JFusion
www.jfusion.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=204

Post edited by: bertm, at: 2008/03/14 10:14

16 years 2 months ago #59049 by j75
I've just read the new Nick's article about C1.2

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/5147/37/

:woohoo:

CB 1.2 is planned for release in April 2008 . Initially, all our CB doc subscribers and our active testers will be invited to participate in a private courtesy release. This will give the CB team the opportunity to thank these financial supporters and hopefully will also allow them to learn enough about CB 1.2 to actively help out on the forums.

Thank you CB Team! B)

mjjcommunity.com - the biggest social network of michael jackson's fans build with Joomla 1.0.x and CB 1.1.

16 years 1 month ago #60062 by Vanderwulf
Replied by Vanderwulf on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
I am very stoked for 1.2 I love CB 1.1, but with running Joomla 1.5 there are just too many issues for me to spend time on with the imminent release of 1.2 on the horizon.

I have a project that I want ready well before the end of April so i am hoping 1.2 will be out earlier rather then later 8)

Cheers boyz, thanks for all the great work

15 years 10 months ago #68244 by amejat
Replied by amejat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
beat wrote:

CB 1.2 is not a matter of months, it should be out, once stabilized completely. That should be in less than a month.

This was 27th january 2008, a few days after Joomla 1.5 release.

We are now... 13th July. And I really think CB 1.2 is a joke !

Come on guies... 6 months and nothing !!!

My opinion... my conviction is that everything is done to force us to pay for a yearly subscription, because according to the comment of the team, the RC have been on this site since weeks and works perfectly.

So no more blabla about a "perfect release". Just say you want us to pay and do not let us wait for 6 months more !

15 years 10 months ago #68352 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
amejat

looks like you have a guilty conscience. You are neither a doc subscriber nor are you an OS contributor.

If you want a free ride, that is ok - as long as you can also have some dignity.

If you were paying beat and the rest $100k a year, you can complain all you want. But I think that you, like the rest of us need to show some respect and gratitude.

How about it?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds