Error

Please login first

CB 1.2 Release?

16 years 3 months ago #55298 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
if the phpBB3 bridge uses standard mosUser / JUser objects or events attached to these objects, or has a CB plugin, it should/could work with CB 1.1 already.

To our knowledge, there is also a phpBB3 connector for CB coming from Geefland as well ( www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,showcat/catid,34/ )

Best thing is to install and test (welcome to our testteam for CB 1.2 tests, if you wish PM to Nick (nant) ).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #55348 by dejh
Replied by dejh on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
I asked the question at the RokBride forum: "Can a site using a CB login form sync the ppBB3 registration via the RokBridge module?"

Johan, the developer, stated that "Technically yes. Only question would be if CB uses Joomla!'s 1.5 user authentication and synchronisation API. If they do it should work, if they use a custom solution it will fail. Don't know enough about CB to answer this question though, you might want to ask them."

www.rocketwerx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=337&p=1651#p1651

Does it mean good news or..?

Geefland's CBConnector does not support J1.5 at this moment.

Ernesto J

16 years 3 months ago #55379 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
CB uses the standard Mambo 4.5/4.6 / Joomla 1.0 API for all of this. If the Joomla 1.5 legacy plugin does use the standard Joomla 1.5 API, it *could* work with some luck. Really requires testing before being able to reply, but don't have time to test it myself.

If you have time and a test-site to test it, please feel welcome to join CB testteam to test with CB 1.2 beta release, which has some problems workarounds for joomla 1.5 and should be released soon.

To join CB testteam, PM to Nick (nant) on this site.

Btw I think that Greg's connector newest release should/will be working on Joomla 1.5 as well, but best is to check/ask directly in the connector sub-forum :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 3 months ago #55381 by dejh
Replied by dejh on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
I'll follow your advice and let you know about the test.

Thanks,

Ernesto J

16 years 3 months ago #55455 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
Currently Joomla! 1.5 is not supported.

v2 final is approaching... just waiting on language file updates and some small feature enhancements to be finished.

Next goal is to add J1.5 support.

Currently on my test setup I did run a test and after changing 1 phpbb3 file I was able to get CB Connector to run in J1.5... with the exception of the Control panel for sync'ing users... this form still manually loads joomla core files and as such is still trying to load the old J1.0.x files. Luckily my code is fairly modular so I can hopefully change 1 file and have the backend working (note "hopefully" as I have not tested this part yet)...

utf_tools changes are here:
cbconnector.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=253#p1323

These changes are needed on systems <php 5.2.4 (IIRC) because both Joomla 1.5 and phpbb3 now use utf_8 and they both recreate php5 functions if in an earlier php... these mods make the phpbb3 files check if the functions exist also before recreating... i.e. if in Joomla then don't create... if in phpbb3 only then create...

Then I plan to ride the native J1.5 wave following behind future CB releases.

Probably more than you wanted to know :)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 3 months ago #56570 by vdny
Replied by vdny on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
CB 1.2 is for J1.5?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds