CB 1.2 Release?

15 years 9 months ago #70467 by amejat
Replied by amejat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
Thanks Sultan.

And for the dev Team... July is away and still nothing.

I think we will have a free version of CB compatible with Joomla 1.5 the day Joomla 2.0 will be out.

And then the lucky suscribers will have access to a new version of CB compatible with joomla 2.0...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #70495 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
Hi everybody,

Myself I belong to the crowd waiting for CB1.2, returning almost on a daily basis to see what is going on here and sometimes getting a little impatient myself.

But what really bugs me is this tsunami of complaints!

What do you expect of it?

Do you really think this gives the makers of CB the extra motivation to spend their nights struggling with the code?
If I were them I would have quit long ago.
I guess it is due to their thick skin they are still working.

If you want to accelerate the development you should help the people instead of annoying all the visitors of the forum, too, with all your complaints.

Simply ask yourself what you want and if your approach to get it is promising.

Best wishes
wolfsauge

15 years 9 months ago #71163 by amejat
Replied by amejat on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
What do I expect from it ???

The basic thing you can expect from a FREE OPEN SOURCE project: being free... and open source !

I am convinced that private code accessible to a few coders is NOT the right way to develop community based project.

The efficient way is to release the code (freely) as soon as possible so that as many developers as possible could work on it, identify bugs and propose fixes.

In that case, bugs would have been fixed since... weeks... maybe months !

So do not tell me that I do not help the dev team by "complaining". I am just trying to tell them that their strategy DOES NOT work !

They should realize that before Joomla 2.0 is released and they still do not have a fully joomla 1.5 compatible version available...

15 years 9 months ago #71228 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
amejat wrote:

What do I expect from it ???

The basic thing you can expect from a FREE OPEN SOURCE project: being free... and open source !

I am convinced that private code accessible to a few coders is NOT the right way to develop community based project.

The efficient way is to release the code (freely) as soon as possible so that as many developers as possible could work on it, identify bugs and propose fixes.

In that case, bugs would have been fixed since... weeks... maybe months !

So do not tell me that I do not help the dev team by "complaining". I am just trying to tell them that their strategy DOES NOT work !

They should realize that before Joomla 2.0 is released and they still do not have a fully joomla 1.5 compatible version available...

Unfortunately, things do not work this way.

Also free as in beer is not a prerequisite for GPL projects.

People download what they want and seldom contribute things back. Very very few do.

Also people do not help each other.

Also people complain when others do not help them.

CB is one of the best components around, so the team is doing something right.

I do not want to start a discussion about this (has been discussed before) - prefer to answer other real cries for help and spend my little leftover spare time in getting CB 1.2 stable ready for free beer lovers to download.

B)

15 years 9 months ago #71239 by Deinticker
Replied by Deinticker on topic Re:CB 1.2 Release?
You cannot EXPECT something for FREE !!! But you can give and take ;) Think it over

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.582 seconds