CB 1.2 RC2 Released to doc subscribers and supporters

15 years 10 months ago #66910 by beat
This thread discusses the Content article: CB 1.2 RC2 Released to doc subscribers and supporters

I would like to thank specially:

- Nick for his great work on the documentation (1.2 RC 2 documentation is already available at release time), and helping greatly in these forums, and to test, release, and manage translations of CB. B)

- Severdia, who designed and donated to the project new icons for CB and for the CB login module RC 2 (yes, check the new parameters ;) )

- The CB test-team who tested 4 betas completely between RC and RC 2 N)

- The CB translators, who already translated CB 1.2 RC in many languages :)

- All Joomlapolitans who helped other Joomlapolitans in this forum B)

- The documentation subscribers who helped us greatly run at full speed, and also helped finding the RC (1) problems. B) B)

Let's give serious broad tests to this RC 2, so that we can completely stabilize CB 1.2 Stable. RC 2 is already quite more stable than RC 1, which seems to have been quite stable. :)

Wishing you all happy deployments, and lots of fun with your communities :)

Thanks to all here on Joomlapolis for your support, in making this the best Community Builder release ever. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66932 by viyah
Congratulation! One quick question, will next version be stable, i.e., released public and not only to subscribers? When do you anticipate it will be released? 1 August?

Post edited by: viyah, at: 2008/07/01 09:55

15 years 10 months ago #66934 by dping28
Im sure it being released to everyone (Marked Stable) will depend on the doc supporters and other testers and the bugs that are found. If little to no bugs found Im sure Beat will feel pretty confident with releasing it. If alot are found he will probobly want to go with one more RC. Of course Im not speaking for him just what I think he would do.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #66937 by beat
viyah wrote:

Congratulation! One quick question, will next version be stable, i.e., released public and not only to subscribers? When do you anticipate it will be released? 1 August?

Post edited by: viyah, at: 2008/07/01 09:55

CB 1.2 stable will be freely available to all Joomlapolitans, open-source, as usual with all stable releases.

When exactly ? I can't tell yet, except: when it's ready :)

We hope that it will take less time than between RC (1) and RC 2, but it will all depend on the issues and their time to fix. I wouldn't bet below a few weeks, as it took about a week to get most of the known issues of CB 1.2 RC (1) to be listed, so I guess CB 1.2 RC 2 will take same time for issues to become known. Then take the time to fix them, test them in CB test-team, and you get your (own!) estimate. :D

We aim CB 1.2 stable to be a rock-solid foundation for community sites, so we work on quality first. :)

But you are welcome to help support the work of the CB team, and check out CB 1.2 RC 2 on a clone of your site, or wait a few days, for the issues to be listed, keeping in mind that the CB test-team didn't find any on last beta 4 of RC 2.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #66945 by ruigato
i am thinking of install it on my live site, what do you think? I am sure its quite stable...

ruigato.com

15 years 10 months ago #66950 by nant
ruigato wrote:

i am thinking of install it on my live site, what do you think? I am sure its quite stable...

RC1 has been running on Joomlapolis for over a month - no problems here with over 150K members!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.445 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn