CB SUBS INSTALL DIFFICULTY

15 years 3 days ago #97736 by aciarlo
CB SUBS INSTALL DIFFICULTY was created by aciarlo
One of the requirements is having IonCube installed on server.

I am having trouble installing IonCube. :(

I've never created a php.ini file and I'm feeling kind of lost here. I've heard such great reviews about the support at IonCube, but this is all I got!

The support at IonCube said:

You will probably need to install the Loader in a php.ini file (or php5.ini most likely). GD support custom php.ini files on their Linux servers, and so you should be able to use a custom php.ini file created in your own area.

To test this, create a php.ini file in the same location as a phpinfo file, and add

zend_extension = /path/to/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

to the php.ini file, using the full path to the Loader in place of /path/to. Then load the phpinfo page and see whether your php.ini file is showing as the config file and whether the Loader is showing as installed. If it is, replicate the php.ini file in each directory where you have php files that you access directly with the browser, such as each directory where there's an index.php for example. You may need to call the file php5.ini. If you're unable to get a custom php.ini file to work then contact your host who should be able to assist you.
:dry:

Does anyone have more clear instructions they can share??

A. Ciarlo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 days ago #97757 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB SUBS INSTALL DIFFICULTY
First suggestion is to ask your host to help you.

Hosts have different methods and restrictions and they should respond to your request.

15 years 2 days ago #97813 by aciarlo
Replied by aciarlo on topic Re:CB SUBS INSTALL DIFFICULTY
I will give them a try. I had spoken with them before on it; will call again. If they don't assist, do you recommend switching to the joomlapolis host? Do they already have it installed for you?

A. Ciarlo

15 years 2 days ago #97895 by aciarlo
OK, I THINK I DID IT! I'm so stoked! I edited the php.ini file and uploaded. Have ioncube in the folder...all should be good, but GoDaddy can't restart server...ha ha...

I guess I'll sit for a while and see if changes take...Thanks for your help...will keep you posted on your awesome manual.

A. Ciarlo

15 years 2 days ago #97900 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB SUBS INSTALL DIFFICULTY
Hope your hoster will be fixing it soon for you. He knows already about CBSubs ;)

aciarlo wrote:

I will give them a try. I had spoken with them before on it; will call again. If they don't assist, do you recommend switching to the joomlapolis host? Do they already have it installed for you?

Just to answer your question: Our own Joomlapolis Quality Hosting is already configured and fine-tuned for Joomla, CB, CBSubs and community sites. Ioncube is system-installed, so no worries on those parts.

We do not want to compete with budget hosting features and service. So pricing is a little higher than budget hosting, however, there is tons of redundancy, security, performance and geographic diversity built-in (the system detects faults and auto-recovers automatically almost instantly while you sleep), which are usually not available for this kind of pricing, and support. A few of our customers have spoken here and here .

We have a pre-configure Community Site with CB, Kunena, GroupJive, UddeIM and many plugins, preconfigured and maintained, which can be selected at ordering or installed (and updated) with 1-click to which it's easy to install CBSubs. No CBSubs pre-installed yet, but that's something we are working on.

But, I need to clarify too: we are not pushing to use our hosting for CBSubs, as any decent hoster will be supporting the very basic prerequisites of CBSubs. It's just a convenient solution if your current hoster can't provide the prerequisite or you're not happy with him. If you can do it with your current hoster and are happy with him, stay with him by all means. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 day ago #97970 by aciarlo
Hmmm, interesting. If I wanted to switch / when I wish to switch, is there any assistance in moving it all? I'm not too worried about redundancy yet, but hope to be soon!

I just bought a few other domains I might like to host there. I'll check out the pricing. I'm so hooked on this stuff, I swear I've got like 4-5 CB sites I'm planning to build and 4-5 others I'd like to and...

:evil:

A. Ciarlo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn