[SOLVED] Show/hide modules depending on plan

14 years 3 weeks ago #128757 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
morktron wrote:

I'd rather not let users sign up for a super admin plan or spend time finding out how to hide it and configure it all when all I want to do I hide a module from 'Authors'.

You can just have a backend plan and manually assign users you want to it. No need to involve your users at all with this.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/03/31 10:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129345 by morktron
Replied by morktron on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
Thanks Nick, sorry for my slow reply. I did as you suggested and it works fine. It took me ages to get all the settings right though! ;)

Anyway, many thanks

13 years 10 months ago #134845 by zapacoman
Replied by zapacoman on topic Re:[SOLVED] Show/hide modules depending on plan
Here's a simple example to illustrate the shortcoming of this extension: I want the unregistered public to see modules that say things like "Join now - it's great". However, if someone logs in, that module no longer needs to be visible (and really shouldn't be visible for a customized site). This extension fails to let me have the public view something, and then it disappear once they log in. This is one of the biggest reasons I had purchased CB subs. Saying CB Subs can control a module's visibility based on plan implies both making it visible and hidden.

13 years 10 months ago #134850 by nant
zapacoman wrote:

Here's a simple example to illustrate the shortcoming of this extension: I want the unregistered public to see modules that say things like "Join now - it's great". However, if someone logs in, that module no longer needs to be visible (and really shouldn't be visible for a customized site). This extension fails to let me have the public view something, and then it disappear once they log in. This is one of the biggest reasons I had purchased CB subs. Saying CB Subs can control a module's visibility based on plan implies both making it visible and hidden.

Agree this is a cool feature #1671 - added to our forge.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.583 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn