[SOLVED] Migrated from J1.5 to J1.7 - FB Connect Issue

12 years 3 months ago #189466 by nant

mmichaelbiz wrote: Well, as explained before I had already migrated before finding out about your work on the next release of JUpgrade... Either way the site needs to go live over the weekend so I probably couldn't wait for the new release.

Mistake here - you should not have upgraded before you had verified that all your third-party extensions are Joomla 2.5 ready. Unfortunately the new joomla 1 click upgrade is a nice trap for most users.

To be honest up until now on this particular site no real CB functionality was used apart from the login module with FB connect. My main concern was making sure all of the users were migrated and on the new site is where we will start using CB features.

Are there any other "basic" user related areas that I should take a look at? ACL for example although again the users were all just basic Registered users with no specific settings for any of them so I assume there might not be anything more to check?

If you are on CB 1.7.1 (don't know since you did not provide this information) you shouldn't have any serious issues (nothing reported yet from testers) with core CB functionality (I cannot comment on any extra CB plugins you installed)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189477 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re: Migrated from J1.5 to J1.7 - FB Connect Issue
I did not upgrade to Joomla 2.5, it was to Joomla 1.7 - as you said there is not much point moving on until the extensions I use (CB) are ready for it.

Also yes it was the 1.7.1 release of CB, I have performed a number of tests and so far the steps I described for upgrading seem to have been successful. This site did not have any other CB extensions apart from FB Connect and as pointed out this did require further work but nothing a bit of SQL manipulation couldn't fix.

The good news is that JUpgrade does keep all of the user IDs in tact and as such the rest of the migration is a cake walk.

Thanks for your feedback on this. I think I can rest easy :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn