[SOLVED] Migrated from J1.5 to J1.7 - FB Connect Issue

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189324 by mmichaelbiz
Dear CB Team,

I have just migrated my site successfully from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7. (Joomla 2.5 has just been released I know but that's another story.) I managed to successfully migrate all of my users with the help of JUpgrade and a J1.7 test site, copied over the CB and user tables to my go live site and run the CB tools to check the data.

Everything seems fine, the only issue comes when trying to log in using FB Connect. My site's login is purely based around the FB connect login and so this is a crucial part of the setup.

I am an already registered user. I click on the FB sign in button, it launches the window for me to enter the FB credentials and it seems like it is just about to log me in, however I then get a Joomla warning message detailing that 'This email is already registered.'

It looks like FB Connect is trying to register me again for the first time, not realising that the user already exists? If that is the case is there some sort of flag that needs to be set for FB connect to determine existing users? This may well not be the issue but I cannot tell what else it is trying to do. I have tried running it in debug mode however there does not seem to be any more useful information.

We really need to get this site live by the end of the week and this is a crucial part of the implementation so any your is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
M Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189328 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re: Migrated from J1.5 to J1.7 - FB Connect Issue
OK, as soon as I posted it struck me that there must be a field that holds the FB ID and indeed there is. JUpgrade cunningly decided to leave that field out, as well as all of the Avatar image names and a few other columns in _comprofiler.

Having checked that the columns are the same a quick SQL import export has sorted that out. I am now able to login using FB Connect :)

Just need to find and upload those avatar images now and we should be back in business.

Hope this little rant of mine will help someone in the future!

12 years 3 months ago #189357 by krileon
These issues will be fixed with next release of JUpgrade as I've just spent last 3 days making it compatible with CB; it should then fully migrate and upgrade ACL/XMLs of your CB install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189424 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re: Migrated from J1.5 to J1.7 - FB Connect Issue
That's good to know. Are there any other existing gaps I should be aware of with my current migration?

12 years 3 months ago #189435 by krileon
No idea, I wouldn't bother migrating until the CB compatible JUpgrade releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189449 by mmichaelbiz
Well, as explained before I had already migrated before finding out about your work on the next release of JUpgrade... Either way the site needs to go live over the weekend so I probably couldn't wait for the new release.

To be honest up until now on this particular site no real CB functionality was used apart from the login module with FB connect. My main concern was making sure all of the users were migrated and on the new site is where we will start using CB features.

Are there any other "basic" user related areas that I should take a look at? ACL for example although again the users were all just basic Registered users with no specific settings for any of them so I assume there might not be anything more to check?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn