Error

Please login first

CB Packager Fails to Proper Install

11 years 6 months ago #213466 by amob7880
Replied by amob7880 on topic Re: CB Packager Fails to Properly Install
The admin looks great. Unfortunately, I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error on the front end.

Nothing has been changed on my end since you checked the site over the weekend. I did notice that there seemed to be some modifications to some of the modules at that time. I was in the admin when you were checking it out. On the front end I noticed that the Profile was then using the Bootstrap template, but a few minutes later I started getting the server error as I mentioned to you in the PM.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213468 by amob7880
Just for fun, I tried to install the package on another website.
(This is on the same server as the first website in these posts.

Same results as when I did the install on the first site.

Then I setup another domain that I am not using and installed a fresh copy of Joomla and then tried to install the package. This domain is on another server than the first two attempts. Same results as the first two.

In all three cases, the package will not install from the Upload Package routine in Joomla Extension Manager (it loads 100%, blinks and does nothing else and then I load it via URL), I do not get a CB menu in the Joomla Menus, I do not get the CB or GroupJive menu on the Control panel, the profile does not have the Bootstrap template installed, and nothing appears to be configured (most J-plugins are not published).

In all cases I am using the package that you upgraded on 10-27.

You can have access to the other two domains if you wish. (I will go ahead and add the same user account that you already have). Let me know and I will send the URLs

11 years 6 months ago #213477 by nant

amob7880 wrote: Just for fun, I tried to install the package on another website.
(This is on the same server as the first website in these posts.

Same results as when I did the install on the first site.

Then I setup another domain that I am not using and installed a fresh copy of Joomla and then tried to install the package. This domain is on another server than the first two attempts. Same results as the first two.

In all three cases, the package will not install from the Upload Package routine in Joomla Extension Manager (it loads 100%, blinks and does nothing else and then I load it via URL), I do not get a CB menu in the Joomla Menus, I do not get the CB or GroupJive menu on the Control panel, the profile does not have the Bootstrap template installed, and nothing appears to be configured (most J-plugins are not published).

In all cases I am using the package that you upgraded on 10-27.

You can have access to the other two domains if you wish. (I will go ahead and add the same user account that you already have). Let me know and I will send the URLs

Regarding your 500 error check and increase your php memory (ask your host if you need help with this one).

Please PM me access to your other site and I will take a look.

11 years 6 months ago #213560 by amob7880
I changed my php.ini php mem from 64mb to 128mb and now the front end is fine. I only had a few minutes to look at everything, but it appears that all is well.

I thank you for all your help. I look forward to setting up my community.

I really don't need you to look at the other two installs. I only tried to use the package on them to see if there was just an issue with my "anttrails" site or if I got the same errors on other install attempts.

If it would help you in any way to see the back end on those sites, you can use the same credentials that I PMed you for the first site. I set up identical users on the two test sites michaelmathews.com and estatesalesofamerica.com. I do not intend on using CB on either of those sites - I was just testing.....

Again, thank you for your support. One of the primary reasons that I choose your product over your competition was how superior your reviews were for providing support. There were other issues, but support was a major factor. You have proven that I made the right choice.

And now off to review CB on Joomla.com.

Have fun, Michael

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn