CB Packager Fails to Proper Install

11 years 6 months ago #213006 by amob7880
CB Packager Fails to Proper Install was created by amob7880
Running the CB Packager on test site produces two errors during the install.

1. 002_mod_cb_adminnav_1.9.zip second step install failed to open. Click here to continue...

2. 005_mod_cbcontent_1.5.zip second step install failed to open. Click here to continue...

In both cases clicking on Click here opens new page with 404 message - failed to find component. The installation then continued and showed that it was installed with no failures.

Checking the list of installed exts showed the two mods above as successfully installing.

However, there is no CB Admin Navigation on the Control Panel of Joomla as pictured on the installation guide - page 18.

There is a CB listing under the Components but that is all.

This is a new install on Joomla 2.5.7 on Apache 2.2.22, mySQL 5.1.65-cll, PHP 5.2.17

I am installing using the Install from URL. (FTPed file to tmp directory on server). Trying to install using the Upload Package did not work. Showed the upload all the way up to 100% and then screen refreshed with no further action. I tried that three times before using the URL method.

Please advise. Thanks, Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213050 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Packager Fails to Proper Install
When was the package generated? There's a known bug I've fixed in latest package builder, but don't think it has been installed yet. For now manually install modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213082 by amob7880
Replied by amob7880 on topic Re: CB Packager Fails to Proper Install
I downloaded it last night just after I paid for the subscription. I paid for the subscription based on:

Single Joomla 2.5 package
14 Preselected apps included
Single install does it all
Configured ready to show <
With new Bootstrap template !
Get social in minutes <

In particular "Configured ready to show".

I can certainly install the modules manually as you suggest, but am I also going to have to do all the configuring instead of having it done automatically as advertised?

If that is the case, when will the bug fixed package be posted?

Thanks,
Michael

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #213084 by amob7880
Replied by amob7880 on topic Re: CB Packager Fails to Proper Install
As added information, installing the modules manually did not have any impact.

Thanks again,
Michael

FOLLOWUP: I did get the CD Navigation to show after working with the module.

However, nothing seems to be configured. Again, that was a critical factor in making my purchase. I had not gotten involved in CB earlier because of the learning curve which with my current workload, made it not near as attractive. The idea of having it install configured and being able to "Get social in minutes . . " was a great sales point and exactly what I needed. Thus I jumped up and made the purchase.

Hopefully, I can still reach the configured & ready to use point when the bug is fixed in the package builder?????

11 years 6 months ago #213091 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Packager Fails to Proper Install

amob7880 wrote: As added information, installing the modules manually did not have any impact.

Thanks again,
Michael

FOLLOWUP: I did get the CD Navigation to show after working with the module.

However, nothing seems to be configured. Again, that was a critical factor in making my purchase. I had not gotten involved in CB earlier because of the learning curve which with my current workload, made it not near as attractive. The idea of having it install configured and being able to "Get social in minutes . . " was a great sales point and exactly what I needed. Thus I jumped up and made the purchase.

Hopefully, I can still reach the configured & ready to use point when the bug is fixed in the package builder?????

Hopefully we will be able to release a new CB Quickstart PRO package later today that fixes this.

11 years 6 months ago #213156 by amob7880
Replied by amob7880 on topic Re: CB Packager Fails to Properly Install
Thanks for your help. I uninstalled everything and will try again with the new version of the package. It will likely be the weekend before I get back to it.

I am really looking forward to getting this all up and running.

Thanks again,
Michael

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn