9 years 1 month ago #261400 by nant
Does you CB Mass email still work?

What version of PHP are you on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261558 by micheleq
Hi Nick,

System Information
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux energeticsynthesis3 3.13.0-46-generic #79-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 10 20:06:50 UTC 2015 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1-log
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.7
Web Server Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.0 Stable [ Ember ] 24-February-2015 23:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.101 Safari/537.36

I have not tested CB Mailer, it's not enabled, and I'm not sure how to mail a test without mailing out to members??

Thank you,
Tomás

9 years 1 month ago #261577 by nant

micheleq wrote: Hi Nick,

I have not tested CB Mailer, it's not enabled, and I'm not sure how to mail a test without mailing out to members??

Thank you,
Tomás

Just visit the CB User Manager, filter for your test user (to receive the mailing), tick on the checkbox next to the users name and then click on Mass Mailer icon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

9 years 4 weeks ago #261628 by micheleq
Thank you for your patience, unfortunately no progress.

Here's what I just did.
  1. Went to CB -> Plugin Manager
  2. Published CBSubs Mailer and CBSubs Email (Both were unpublished - I thought I had only unpublished the Mailer for mass mailings - and I'm not sure what's the difference between them??)
  3. Went to User Manager, found my user, checked it and clicked on "Mass Mailer"
  4. Filled out a test email and sent it.
  5. I received it right away without a problem.
  6. I created a new user, with an alternate email of mine.
  7. I did not get a confirmation email. I did not create a paid subscription in PayPal (I'm doing all this on the live site as the dev site has email disabled)
  8. I went to Subscriptions -> Plans
  9. For one of the plans I selected in "User Email Confirmation" : "Yes, before Payment (override CB)" (it was set as "CB Default", which is set as Yes).
  10. I created a new Membership with this Plan. I did NOT get a confirmation email (will not allow me to continue to PayPal without confirming the -missing- email).

Today I had 2 new signups (before this testing) and neither got the confirmation email, but both got the Welcome email. PayPal notifications (Tokens) come in daily and with no issues. Only had 1 fail in the last couple of years.

Thank you,
Tomás

PS: Is there a place to modify the confirmation email? If so, maybe I could see if something went awry there?

9 years 4 weeks ago #261632 by nant

9 years 4 weeks ago #261713 by micheleq
Hi Nick:

You asked me to:

Just visit the CB User Manager, filter for your test user (to receive the mailing), tick on the checkbox next to the users name and then click on Mass Mailer icon.

I did:

-Went to User Manager, found my user, checked it and clicked on "Mass Mailer"
-Filled out a test email and sent it.
-I received it right away without a problem.

Isn't that what you asked me to do?

Tomás

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn