[SOLVED] Confirmation Email stopped going out after 2.0 upgrade

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #260851 by micheleq
Hi

CB 2.0.7
CBSubs 4.0.0-rc.1
J! 3.4

I'm having several issues since the upgrade to CB 2.0, but I'm tackling them one at a time.

After reading all I could (docs and forum) I have not figured out why the confirmation emails are not going out to new members.

They do get the welcome email (set in the individual plans) after they pay. But no confirmation is ever sent.

On my Community Builder: Configuration I have email confirmation set to yes.

On the individual plans it's set not to override the CB setting.

Somewhere on the forums I read that there is a way to set the confirmation email to go before or after the subscription payment, I can't find it though.

I also have installed but not enabled CB Mailer since I don't plan at the moment to do mass mailings. I don't think this should be of any consequence but I thought I'd mention it.

Thank you
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #260884 by krileon
With CBSubs the default behavior is to send confirmation after payment has completed. Try setting it to send before payment (see the Workflows tab of your plans) and see if it'll send. Do you have CB Auto Actions or a CBSubs integration installed that could be performing an action on subscription activation? If so try disabling them to see if one could be conflicting. Be sure to test with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration to ensure errors output during your testing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261003 by micheleq
Thank you Kyle,

Unfortunately no luck.

I set the email to be sent out before, but all that does is to prevent the user from going to PayPal to sign up, since they have to confirm the nonexistent email.

There's no other CBS integration that I can think of that would be interfering. I kept everything as consistent as possible with the 1.9 version.

I put the debug settings and the error reporting as you suggested. There seemed to be no errors, this was in the output for the table queries

UPDATE `es2_users`
SET `name`='Tom2',`username`='tommy',`email`='tomasmfc@yahoo.com',`password`='$2y$10$FGQyMdAyoie0YhmGJxgrie3DX86npb5BcDzAsw0g4RJC3fyIcJWzO',`block`='1',`sendEmail`='0',`registerDate`='2015-03-20 05:51:26',`lastvisitDate`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`activation`='bc85deb0fba0165942fa2b4554a3c807',`params`='{}'
WHERE `id`='4914'

Is it something to do with the sendmail=0?

Where is that email configured anyway? Maybe if I can find it I can look for some error??

Thank you,
Tomás

These are my server settings:
Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux energeticsynthesis3 3.13.0-46-generic #79-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 10 20:06:50 UTC 2015 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1-log
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.7
Web Server Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.0 Stable [ Ember ] 24-February-2015 23:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.89 Safari/537.36

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261037 by krileon
The sendEmail column is moderator emails. It has no control over CBs confirmation email.

Looks like there's 2 reports of this issue and appears to be some sort of bug present. I've created an immediate priority bug ticket to investigate what could be going wrong.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/229013-no-emails-sent-upon-registration-using-paypal-sandbox

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

9 years 1 month ago #261311 by beat
I have just opened a new Paypal test account to try to reproduce with Paypal account, and it works perfectly here.

I guess there is a misconfiguration with email settings or with PDT return Identity Token of Paypal.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 1 month ago #261370 by micheleq
My problem seems to be unrelated to PayPal. This is my sequence of events:

While on J2.5 and CB 1.9 (can't remember the corresponding CBSubs version), emails were being sent out fine. Occasionally emails were not received (less than 5%, if I have to guess), which I attributed to spam filters.

I then updated to CB 2.0.5 and CBSubs r4 (no upgrade yet of Joomla). It all seemed to go OK, though there are some integration with Kunena not working properly, but I doubt they are related). About a month later I upgraded to J3.4. During that month I had a handful of signups, and NO ONE got the confirmation email (though they all got the welcome email).

This was the first red flag, but I was about to upgrade Joomla, so I was hoping it would fix itself.

It didn't, and didn't change after upgrading to CB 2.0.7

I have the confirmation after PayPal, otherwise, if I put the setting before they are NOT able to be redirected to PayPal and create an account. And I'm not about to start confirming spammers.

It's my understanding that the email goes out as soon as the membership is created on my site, but will enforce after PayPal just like the approval setting. At least it used to be like that before. Has this changed?

Also, I understand that if the welcome email is left blank it will not go out. Is there something similar with the confirmation email? It wasn't that way before, and I wouldn't know where to edit it, if that's the case. Has this changed??

Thank you,
Tomás

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn