[#5193] No Emails Sent Upon Registration using PayPal Sandbox [SOLVED]

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260995 by marse7
Hi,

This is something simple perhaps but I've been messing with it for two days and can't get it right.

CBSubs GPL 4.0 RC2, CB Subs 2.0.7, Joomla 3.4.0

This org requires that an application form (built into the membership application using some custom fields) be filled out at the time of registration. Then the applicant pays for the conditional membership. Once s/he pays, they will be approved based on the criteria they filled in on the application.

There are no free memberships and no registration is possible outside of CB Subs. So far, there is only one simple membership plan available.

The issue is that neither me (admin) nor the potential applicant is being sent emails upon registration.

The email system works. I verified using the contact form and by re-sending registration emails and mass mailing emails to users (there's only 3 so far, all me, since I'm just building this site.

I am using PayPal Sandbox for one option for payment for testing purposes and I had some issues caused by my own ignorance of how PP Sandbox works. I will try this with my client's PP account tonight to see if it's specifically a Sandbox issue.

WHEN I USE THE fake credit card gateway, everything works. Something about PayPal Sandbox is not triggering the payment and the subsequent membership triggers even though the return URL from PayPal says it's ok. Please seen some attached screenshots.

Any thoughts?

Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261033 by krileon
CBSubs by default doesn't send any emails until after payment. Even then the admin approval can delay it further. In the case of admin approval for example it should work as follows by default.

1. Register
2. Pay
3. Send User Pending Email
4. Send Moderator Approval Email
5. Approve User
6. Send User Welcome Email

The only reason for any of these emails to fail is email isn't working to begin with or your user is not configured to receive moderator emails. To ensure moderator emails are configured navigate to CB > Configuration > Moderation and ensure moderator emails are enabled globally. Next edit your user within CB > User Management and ensure your user is configured to receive emails.

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration during your tests so errors during the process can expose if any should occur.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #261038 by krileon
Looks like there's 2 reports of this issue and appears to be some sort of bug present. I've created an immediate priority bug ticket to investigate what could be going wrong.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/228979-confirmation-email-stopped-going-out-after-20-upgrade#261037

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

9 years 1 month ago #261246 by marse7
I have stopped using PayPal Sandbox - just couldn't get it to work properly. I am using normal PayPal with the client's PayPal and that seems to do all the email, etc. triggering necessary.

I thank you for your time on this and look forward to an eventual resolution if there's a bug that can be addressed.

Many Thanks,
Mark

9 years 1 month ago #261275 by krileon
We were unable to confirm the issue at this time. Seams to be some sort of configuration issue or a problem with PayPal Sandbox directly. We'll continue to investigate to see if we can find a cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

9 years 1 month ago #261285 by marse7
PayPal is the Devil. :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn