phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #8524 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I need more info to track it down. I still can not recreate it on my side.

This particular site and login is from phpBB only so unless the user was created with the export function of the phpBB connector I am not sure how this ties in...

If so have you made the change to the sessions.php file as mentioned in the README.DOC?

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8528 by Oryan
Need some help real quick...

I installed a fresh copy of or joomla then a fresh copy of CB. I followed everything and CB works perfectly. I installed the plugin and whenever I goto the Plugin control panel, I get this...

[code:1]SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'joomlabatabase.phpbb_users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =

SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_active = '1'[/code:1]

I changed the actual database name on the code just for my own secruity...

I already have 73 members on my current phpbb2 forums and I want to transfer them all to joomla... If I can't do that I just want to form this bridge so the joomla members also get created in the phpbb2 database. Sorry I am new to this, so if you could explain things more in depth, that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Is there a tutorial on how to install this completely like the CB installation? I feel like im missing something.

Thanks,
Oryan

Post edited by: Oryan, at: 2006/03/20 04:52

18 years 1 month ago #8535 by geeffland
It looks like from your error message that you have phpBB installed into a different database than Joomla/CB. Currently this plugin only works for installations in the same database.

At this point I would install a clean version of phpBB into the same database as Joomla. Verify that it is working with the plugin. Then transfer the data from the phpbb_ tables in the current database to the new database.

18 years 1 month ago #8568 by dorto
i have installed the latest joomla version(1.0.8) in the same database as my existing phpbb forum. i then installed community builder 1.0RC2 downloaded from joomlapolis. (i installed only two files - comprofiler component and cbloginrc2 module). i then installed plug_phpbbconnector1.0.2 downloaded from joomlapolis.
when i started the "plugin control panel" in phpbb connector, it showed me all the existing 5000+ users. when i tried to import it, it stuck after importing the first 750+ users by giving "500 Internal Server Error." i waited for sometime and started the control panel again. it is never completing the loading of 5000 users this time...just stopping at 4000 odd, with the button to import them invisible. i tried several times, but got the same response.

i removed everything(phpbb connector, CB, joomla, database tables) and started from the scratch. but this time also, it showed all the users and "import" button the first time. when it imported the 700 users, it got stuck. second time also the import button was visible, it imported another 300 users. since then i have tried a lot of times, but always get "internal server error" or the output stops after listing 4000 users. do you have any idea what might be going wrong? do you want me to attach some screenshots?

i had tested this one a local installation of phpbb + joomla and it imported the 30 odd test users that i had created.

18 years 1 month ago #8572 by geeffland
Try changing out the phpbb Connector file with the one shown on page 16 of this (same) thread... It will do batches of 2000 users at a time...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,8100/#8100

There are directions in the post right above the file..

Hope this helps,
Greg

18 years 1 month ago #8585 by khrishna
Replied by khrishna on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your offer to help. Because this was running on my live site (I know, I know...), I decided to uninstall for the time being.

-Khris

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn