phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #7791 by nethead
Replied by nethead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
PM integration should be "doable" (without looking at the code :) ) Whats nagging me more is rewriting the phpbb scripts so they dont require a wrapper or window.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7800 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I think for the PM integration I would first check and see if a simple plugin could merge it into CB... if not then it seems like a feature request should be submitted...

As for as the templates and coponent... why not peek at the "phpBB Component" at Joomlastuff.org... I have heard other people using it... someday our connector will get around to supporting it as well... My only picky thing about it is that it hacks the jos_users table... Probably could tell from my earlier posts that I am not too keen on hacks for distributed software... Hacks are fine for single point installation as they make it work as needed.... but for multiple seperate installations it opens up potential problems that may not have been there before... I had read somewhere that it may have problems when uninstalling it (i.e. messing up the users table)... I would do some digging into that prior to use.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #7905 by nethead
*redundant question deleted *

Post edited by: nethead, at: 2006/03/08 14:59

18 years 1 month ago #7909 by nethead
Hi,

one more question: When i create a menu item with a link to www.mysite.com/forum and use it the phpbb page still shows the "login" button although i already logged in using the CB Login module.

What am i doing wrong?

cheers,

:: nethead ::

18 years 1 month ago #7921 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Are you using the "remember me" login? There has been a bug recently reported about this... and I have fixed it in 1.0.3. It stems from "remember me" logins coming from Joomla... so CB and our plugin didn't know about them...

So I changed the code starting phpBB sessions to use their "remember me" login when it is selected in CB

IF that is the case you can edit the phpbbconnector.php file by replacing the "startphpbbsession" function with the code below:

[code:1] function startphpbbsession (&$row) {
global $_REQUEST;
$this->includephpBBFiles();
//get the $user_id
//get the $user_ip
$client_ip = ( !empty($HTTP_SERVER_VARS) ) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS : ( ( !empty($HTTP_ENV_VARS) ) ? $HTTP_ENV_VARS : getenv('REMOTE_ADDR') );
$user_ip = encode_ip($client_ip);
$page_id = PAGE_INDEX;
$remember = mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'remember', 0 ) ;
$phppBBsessionID = session_begin($this->getphpBBid($row), $user_ip, $page_id, 0, $remember, 0);
}[/code:1]

I would fix it and release 1.0.2a but I think it would be better to finish up 1.0.3 and get it out (better user profile page, etc.)

IF this is not you problem then post back and I will dig into it...

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #7926 by nethead
Hi Greg,

geeffland wrote:

Are you using the "remember me" login?

I am using this option which some of the Admin and Test Logins but i just logged out and back in without having this option set and phpbb still prompts me for login/pw although i installed the patch.

In the profile "phpbb" tab i can see my postings but topics which i didnt create myself are taged "unkown". The latter is AFAIK a bug noted here before.

IF that is the case you can edit the phpbbconnector.php file by replacing the "startphpbbsession" function with the code below:

Did that, doesnt seem to work.

Any idea where to look for? Maybe it was wrong to just create an wrapper linking to <myurl>/forum/index.php?! Do i need to create an component-link or something? Sorry, but i did read the readme.doc and searched this forum but couldnt find anything about how to create a working link to phpbb.

BTW: I can make the diffs between the php component and the stock phpbb release if this helps. I already starting to investigate how to remove the need for a wrapper/window. the component is using an somewhat outdated 1.5 release of phpbb though. You want diffs against the 1.5 Stock version?

thanks!

:: nethead ::

Post edited by: nethead, at: 2006/03/08 19:10

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn