phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #7762 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
dsendecki,

I just peeked through the code from 1.0.2 and it looks like you are correct. Posts only show up if topics have been started.

V1.0.3 is in development and has a different user profile tab. It looks more like that of the JoomlaBoard plugin.

I hesitate to doctor up 1.0.2 to fix that but if needed then let me know and we can see what can be done... The issue is in the phpBBconnector.php file in the getDisplayTab function... there is an if statement near the top which checks the count of topics started and if 0 returns the default "No topics" message... so that if statement could be worked around to make it work...

Let me know,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7763 by geeffland
nethead,

Just had a thought the other day about seeing what it would take to integrate phpBB's PM system into CB... had not run that far with it yet though... found the phpBB tables that deal with PM but had not checked how to integrate into CB so that it would show up in the login box...

So thought about it but not planned it yet. Might be a while.

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #7769 by nethead
Replied by nethead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
What would make more sense: Integrating a PM Plugin into phpBB or to integrate the phpBB PM into Joomla/CB?

And, how hard to think is it to alter the phpBB code so it acts as module? i.e. phpbb would use joomla defined style, css etc?!

cheers,

nethead

18 years 1 month ago #7772 by geeffland
nethead,

Not sure I have any answers for you on that one. We personally try to minimize hacks into either CB or phpBB so that future upgrades will be smoother and to keep from screwing something else up. With that in mind I think it would be easier to integrate the phpBB PM into CB as CB has a plugin framework and phpBB basically needs to be hacked.

Alter phpBB code into a component (assuming just the PM part, as phpBB component already hacks phpBB into a component)... Don't know... but that is probably beyond the scope of our plugin... depends on which is easier... setting up a basic GUI for the phpBB tables or includng their PM code (which probably wouldn't match styles).

Hope this helps... again probably be a while until any of this shows up.

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #7782 by nethead
Replied by nethead on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hi geeffland,

Alter phpBB code into a component (assuming just the PM part, as phpBB component already hacks phpBB into a component)... Don't know... but that is probably beyond the scope of our plugin...

to be more precise, whats important to me would be that the phpBB "module" wouldnt require a wrapper or an extra window and that one single PM system would be used by Joomla/CB and phpBB. Joomla CSS and template integration for phpBB would be nice too but is probably not worth the effort.

You think its difficult to achieve this? I am asking cause i am thinking about doing this myself.

cheers,

nethead

18 years 1 month ago #7786 by scubaguy
Replied by scubaguy on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I haven't looked at the code, but wouldn't it work to copy they current PM notification code in the CB login module and change the database query to check the phpbb pm tables? Then change the "check my mail" link to point to the pm system in phpbb.

CB 3rd Party Developer
Web Geek Cafe - development and training www.webgeekcafe.org
YourTribe.com - group social events - www.yourtribe.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn