community builder and k2 do not integrate users

11 years 6 months ago #211034 by nant

lpolak wrote: I am also using CB and K2 for a website and I am interested in combining the two. Your answers here is puzzling. Where can I set permissions for my K2? I am using joomla 2.5.4 and don't see it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

K2 permissions?
I guess in K2 ?
CB doesn't have anything to do with K2 permissions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #211035 by lpolak
Found it! (parameters of K2) Didn't resolve my problem though. I'll post my question on the K2 forum. Thanx for your quick response.

11 years 1 month ago #222568 by laybergerF

krileon wrote: Latest K2 release supports CB integration. Please ensure you're using the latest and configure as follows.

K2 > Permissions > Advanced > Community Builder Integration

With K2 > CB integration enabled, what do I need to do to allow users to submit K2 articles? I have set up a menu for 'K2 Item Edit Form' that show up on page, but when clicked produces a 403, 'You are not authorized' error, event when I'm signed in as Super User.

11 years 1 month ago #222570 by laybergerF
Replied by laybergerF on topic community builder and k2 do not integrate users

jacksudan wrote: community builder and k2 do not integrate users :woohoo:

I am using latest version of k2 and community builder but found that if I use community builder login form, then the user is not created in k2 user table and this prevents users from uploading pictures to k2 profile. Also when a user adds a comment in k2 articles their profile pic does not appear and their real name appears instead of their username. Does anyone have a work around for this or know any extensions or bridges that fixes this integration issue...it would be greatly helpful...thank you,,,,,,

Okay, I got 'submit a k2 item' to work. I found that, even thought I was signed in as a Super User, I wasn't in the K2 'Site Owner' group so I wasn't authorized to post. After enabling Registered K2 users to create/post items it worked. But, I still have an issue. When logged in as a 'Super User' there is an 'Edit Item' popup that right in the top, middle of the page that I can't close. How do I get rid up it? Thanks...

10 years 9 months ago #231250 by tctison
I have CB 1.9 and latest K2 and have done the enable as advised on this string AND STILL THE AUTHOR IS NOT SHOWING. Is this integration that one would say: working "Y" or "N" or am I missing a 'trick or two'

I look forward to your expert thoughts.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn