community builder and k2 do not integrate users

12 years 2 weeks ago #197576 by jacksudan
community builder and k2 do not integrate users :woohoo:

I am using latest version of k2 and community builder but found that if I use community builder login form, then the user is not created in k2 user table and this prevents users from uploading pictures to k2 profile. Also when a user adds a comment in k2 articles their profile pic does not appear and their real name appears instead of their username. Does anyone have a work around for this or know any extensions or bridges that fixes this integration issue...it would be greatly helpful...thank you,,,,,,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #197586 by krileon
Latest K2 release supports CB integration. Please ensure you're using the latest and configure as follows.

K2 > Permissions > Advanced > Community Builder Integration

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: diogotu, capola

12 years 2 weeks ago #197617 by jacksudan
Thank you very much that showed the profile picture but I still have the issue of the members full name appearing instead of their username. any ideas?
Thanks

12 years 1 week ago #197636 by nant

jacksudan wrote: Thank you very much that showed the profile picture but I still have the issue of the members full name appearing instead of their username. any ideas?
Thanks

That would be a K2 setting I believe.

12 years 1 week ago #197655 by jacksudan
That's exactly what I thought, so I checked in K2 and it is set to username, but it is still showing the registered members full name on the comments form instead of their username. In my forum all posts are in the members usernames and in my k2 items its real names, which looks really odd. have a look if you like, my site address is

www.nomeatordairy.com and look under the comments on the video page.

Thanks and CB is fantastic, after my holidays, when I can afford to I am going to join an annual membership.

12 years 1 week ago #197664 by nant
Suggest you post on K2 forums as this has nothing to do with CB integration and looks like a core K2 issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn