[SOLVED] 2 User Types (Groups), Separate Registration Form?

13 years 2 months ago #153234 by nant

swedrftg wrote: Can CBSubs also be configured to check for duplicate custom or existing fields during registration? e.g. check if first name or custom field already exists and throw notify user if it does.

No, you need to decide which fields are to be shown for which selected plan.

Some fields will always show during registration - example core name fields, email address field, username and password fields (if automatic password generation is not enabled).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153235 by nant

drdes wrote: what i want to do is as follows:
Form 1 for males where they select their hobbies from a list
Form 2 for females where they also select their hobbies

Then I want to be able to match males and females whose hobbies are the same and performa an action (e.g. send an email to them matching them up)

i presuem CBsubs allows me to do this?

thx

Well, you can do this with core free CB I believe.

You can have a radio select field with 2 values 'male' and 'female'.
And a hobbies field which can be a multiselect dropdown or checkbox field.
You can then use dynamic CB User List advanced filtering to show each viewer a list of different sex people with similar hobbies.

The notification part is not supported our of the box (either by CB or by CBSubs) - it is something that would need to be coded as a customized CB plugin.

13 years 2 months ago #153236 by nant

kmm2908 wrote: With CB Subs you say you can hide fields but can you hide/display tabs on the registration form? So that one group would see tabs that another group wouldn't, or is that just restricted to hiding/displaying fields?

Tabs do not appear on the CB registration form. Registration form only has fields - so only fields can be hidden from it.

Tabs do appear on CB profiles and CBSubs can be used to show/hide tabs on profiles.

See your profile on Joomlapols and then look at mine.
Your profile does not have a Doc-Subs profile, but mine does.
This is because my account is subscribed to the CBSubs 'Professional/Advanced' plan and yours is not. So you see it in action.

13 years 2 months ago #153239 by drdes

nant wrote:

drdes wrote: what i want to do is as follows:
Form 1 for males where they select their hobbies from a list
Form 2 for females where they also select their hobbies

Then I want to be able to match males and females whose hobbies are the same and performa an action (e.g. send an email to them matching them up)

i presuem CBsubs allows me to do this?

thx

Well, you can do this with core free CB I believe.

You can have a radio select field with 2 values 'male' and 'female'.
And a hobbies field which can be a multiselect dropdown or checkbox field.
You can then use dynamic CB User List advanced filtering to show each viewer a list of different sex people with similar hobbies.

The notification part is not supported our of the box (either by CB or by CBSubs) - it is something that would need to be coded as a customized CB plugin.

I cant do this in CB because I need two compeltely separate forms (each on a different page). I want a link on homepage for "MAle registration" and a separate link to "Female registration" - each of these pages will then be completely separate forms (with different names for fields).
That is my problem - although the radio buttoin would do the job, it isnt as clean as I would like it to be. ULtimately the males and females would sit on spearate tables within the mysql database and allow me to cross-ref them.

13 years 2 months ago #153240 by MH1
You can use CBSubs to create what appears to be two separate forms. You can create a direct link (menu of otherwise) to "Male Registration" or "Female Registration", each displaying unique fields. This is exactly what we have done.

We edited the CBlogin module so that the "Register" link brings up a Registration Type page, which in your case would be "Male" or "Famale".

Hope this helps.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn