[SOLVED] 2 User Types (Groups), Separate Registration Form?

13 years 2 months ago #153166 by nant

drdes wrote:

krileon wrote: Yes, all of which can be done using CBSubs. You'd need 2 plans, 1 for Author and 1 for Users. You can also adjust the workflows such as 1 is required to Confirm and the other is not. All of which is managed on the Workflows tab of your plans (including Hiding fields based on plan selection). There's no other way to accomplish this without CBSubs.

when you say "you will need 2 plans" - what do you mean? Does this mean I will need to have two subsriptions?

If you want 2 groups then you need two plans.

A user subscribing to one plan is considered to me a member of that group.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153171 by drdes
so basically if i want to set up two separate registration forms (one for say males and another for females), I will need to buy two sets of subscriptions (and two sets of maintenance fees)

correct?

13 years 2 months ago #153185 by nant

drdes wrote: so basically if i want to set up two separate registration forms (one for say males and another for females), I will need to buy two sets of subscriptions (and two sets of maintenance fees)

correct?

No.

Its a configuration issue. You need to configure CBSubs and create two subscription plans in it. One plan for Male-members and one plan for Female-members. You can create as many plans as you want here.

Clarification - there aren't separate registration forms - its a single form that can have option to register as Male-member or as Female member. Selecting the Male-Member plan will automatically hide/show a different set of registration form fields. Same concept with selecting Female-Member plan. Its a single registration form that adjusts to specific plan selected.

CBSubs does much more than this - suggest you read-up on this in the www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs section.

You can charge for a membership subscription if you want and you can also provide special benefits to subscriber members based on their plan. For example your Male-Members can have access to specific content areas of your website that your female members cannot see ...

13 years 2 months ago #153222 by swedrftg
Can CBSubs also be configured to check for duplicate custom or existing fields during registration? e.g. check if first name or custom field already exists and throw notify user if it does.

13 years 2 months ago #153223 by drdes
what i want to do is as follows:
Form 1 for males where they select their hobbies from a list
Form 2 for females where they also select their hobbies

Then I want to be able to match males and females whose hobbies are the same and performa an action (e.g. send an email to them matching them up)

i presuem CBsubs allows me to do this?

thx

13 years 2 months ago #153227 by kmm2908
With CB Subs you say you can hide fields but can you hide/display tabs on the registration form? So that one group would see tabs that another group wouldn't, or is that just restricted to hiding/displaying fields?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn