[SOLVED] 2 User Types (Groups), Separate Registration Form?

13 years 4 months ago #149657 by MH1
Hello All, my first post on here!

The site I am working on will have two types of users. Lets say "Site Users" and "Site Authors".

A couple of questions...

1. Is it possible two have separate registration forms - one collecting basic info for Site Users, the other collecting extra info for Site Authors?

2. Can these two groups have different workflows applied?

E.g.

Site Users - Do Not Require Confirmation and Approval

Site Authors - Require Confirmation and Approval

Many thanks.

Post edited by: MH1, at: 2010/12/29 18:27

Post edited by: MH1, at: 2010/12/29 18:28

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/30 18:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149670 by krileon
Yes, all of which can be done using CBSubs. You'd need 2 plans, 1 for Author and 1 for Users. You can also adjust the workflows such as 1 is required to Confirm and the other is not. All of which is managed on the Workflows tab of your plans (including Hiding fields based on plan selection). There's no other way to accomplish this without CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149676 by MH1
Thank you very much for the reply.

We had purchased the CBSubs add on, but I thought we didn't need it, so requested a refund!

There's no problem in ordering it again if we need to I take it?

Thank again.

13 years 4 months ago #149677 by nant
MH1 wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply.

We had purchased the CBSubs add on, but I thought we didn't need it, so requested a refund!

There's no problem in ordering it again if we need to I take it?

Thank again.

No problem, just that the refund policy only involves the first purchase.

13 years 4 months ago #149680 by MH1
Thanks Nick and Kyle, all makes sense now.

Thinking about it, CBSubs will provide a great deal of flexibility for us, like putting users into groups based on subscription etc.

13 years 2 months ago #153147 by drdes

krileon wrote: Yes, all of which can be done using CBSubs. You'd need 2 plans, 1 for Author and 1 for Users. You can also adjust the workflows such as 1 is required to Confirm and the other is not. All of which is managed on the Workflows tab of your plans (including Hiding fields based on plan selection). There's no other way to accomplish this without CBSubs.

when you say "you will need 2 plans" - what do you mean? Does this mean I will need to have two subsriptions?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn