[SOLVED] REsend activation email

13 years 3 months ago #150481 by sjnims
Replied by sjnims on topic Re:REsend activation email
neon88, did this technique work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150506 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:REsend activation email

sjnims wrote: neon88, did this technique work?

Yes it does.

13 years 3 months ago #150511 by sjnims
Thanks nant...ok, I am seeing that the email is sent. Not the most intuitive solution, but at least it IS a solution. Any comment on if a front-end "resend confirmation" link will become available in future releases?

I also see that passwords are not sent in either this email or when an admin uses the mass email and includes [DETAILS] as part of that email. This is because when sending either of these emails vs at user registration, the password is already encrypted in the database?

13 years 3 months ago #150516 by sjnims
Please don't take this wrong way, but those other guys with that other community extension do have a resend activation link (something I was unaware of until 5 minutes ago)...

13 years 3 months ago #150536 by nant

sjnims wrote: Thanks nant...ok, I am seeing that the email is sent. Not the most intuitive solution, but at least it IS a solution. Any comment on if a front-end "resend confirmation" link will become available in future releases?

I also see that passwords are not sent in either this email or when an admin uses the mass email and includes [DETAILS] as part of that email. This is because when sending either of these emails vs at user registration, the password is already encrypted in the database?

Passwords cannot be resent - once they are saved/hashed they cannot be recovered (only reset).

Actually I like this way of resending confirmation messages - its batch and can be done at anytime.

13 years 3 months ago #150537 by nant

sjnims wrote: Please don't take this wrong way, but those other guys with that other community extension do have a resend activation link (something I was unaware of until 5 minutes ago)...

Any user attempting to login that has not been confirmed will automatically cause a confirmation resend to happen.

Its all in the CB Documentation ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn