"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser." Issues after upgrading to CB 2.0.2

9 years 5 months ago #253703 by joebrickley

nant wrote:

joebrickley wrote: Try and unpublish the joobi news plugins and test.

Thanks, I have switched off any caching, uninstalled 3rd party CB plug-ins and unpublished non core CB plug ins. I am rebuilding froma backup but having issues reloading hashed passwords using CBJUICE2. Hopefully get there in the end,
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254557 by joebrickley
Hello,
update:
I have rebuilt the website from an earlier backup with CB 1.9.1 and found that I got the BB:ko1 errors when the compojoom hotspots plug-in was enabled for some reason :

Warning: menu anchor id="undefined" not found in html and then
BB:ko1 Prevent these page from creating additional dialogs
and the tabs are not displaying on the profiles, data is just displaying as a list down the page.

When I upgraded the rebuilt website to CB 2.0.2 I could then access the configuration settings so CB is now working (other than the conflict with hotspots - any ideas on that one ? )

Thanks for your help
Joe

9 years 4 months ago #254609 by nant

joebrickley wrote: Hello,
update:
I have rebuilt the website from an earlier backup with CB 1.9.1 and found that I got the BB:ko1 errors when the compojoom hotspots plug-in was enabled for some reason :

Warning: menu anchor id="undefined" not found in html and then
BB:ko1 Prevent these page from creating additional dialogs
and the tabs are not displaying on the profiles, data is just displaying as a list down the page.

When I upgraded the rebuilt website to CB 2.0.2 I could then access the configuration settings so CB is now working (other than the conflict with hotspots - any ideas on that one ? )

Thanks for your help
Joe

No idea about these hotspots issues - most likely related with the other component.
Suggest you ask those developers for assistance.

If you need something more specific please start a new post on the Professional support forums.

9 years 3 months ago #257140 by viviannie
I have the same session issue on a Joomla 3 running CB 2.0.4. When registering a new member on the public form it shows the error "Session expired or cookies not enabled" and the user is not registered in the userlist. This happens on multiple browsers (Google, Firefox, IE8).

I tried disabling all the CB plugins and fields and also all the components and still no result.

I have put an older backup that I knew it worked on the same host, it went fine for one day and then the problem reappeared. I turned on the Joomla Debug System and set error reporting to developer and the problem magically disappeared! I then disabled error reporting and debug and the registrations were still working. I don't know if it's some connection between debugging and this issue or it happens randomly and is a coincidence, I will come back with updates in the following days.

Might be an issue with the server? Some server certificate? I am using GoDaddy deluxe linux hosting and never before had problems with them.

9 years 3 months ago #257547 by viviannie
Upgrading to Community Builde 2.0.5 solved this issue. Thank you!

9 years 3 months ago #257612 by mfuller526
I solved this problem by disabling the plugin "System plugin for Users" (see screenshot). This is a Joobi plugin, but since Joobi is not in the name it wasn't listed in plugin searches. FYI I took screenshots of my plugin settings then in batches disabled them. I was clearing/purging my cache each batch, but I found that was not necessary. Hope this saves someone a gazillion hours! :woohoo:

PHP Version 5.3.29, Joomla! 2.5.28, CB 2.0.4, jNews Pro 8.3.3, Reflex v1.10, Gantry v4.1.26, VirtueMart 2.6.12.2, MoWebSo Template 3.2.19, MoWebSo Plugin 1.1.0, Database Version 5.5.40-cll, Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn