"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser." Issues after upgrading to CB 2.0.2

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295505 by mk3
Hello!

Once again I have the same proble: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

When trying to register a new user on a fresh website and CB install. I've tried everything, but it remains. For years many people have this issue...and for some of them randomly the problem is fixed....but nobody have the exact answer, how to fix it.... or there is one?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295508 by krileon
You either have a caching problem or something is breaking the spoof checker cookie. In a standard Joomla environment on a reliable host this will never be a problem. I've only seen this be a problem on unreliable hosts, sites using Joomla page caching or caching from a 3rd party extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295512 by mk3
Well my caching is off, I also tried to turn spoof off, nothing helped.
You mean maybe I'll need to change my hosting provider?

6 years 9 months ago #295516 by mk3
In fact you can, try it by your self. I've reinstalled everything one more time, it's a fresh install. No cache, no other plugins, just a theme (but I also had the same issue on a site with default bootstrap theme)...
It's an account of mine for testing purposes:

registration page

Please, try to register. For me it didn't work, it gave me the error described in the topic. Even if it will work for you, in this case try to register few more times with the same e-mail (after page refreshing), then try with other emails....
Once it worked for me only 1 time. Then with the same email I've retried, but in place of giving me the error "this email is alredy registered" , it was giving me "Session expired or cookies are not enabled"....

So please try few times.

It is important as before changing my hosting provider I would like to have this issue solved.

6 years 9 months ago #295520 by krileon
Worked perfectly fine for me on your own site. Your issue could be a browser problem then. Is your browser blocking cookies maybe?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295529 by mk3
My browser is a standard Google Chrome with an AdBlock extension turned off. I've asked for a friend of mine to test that: he also had the same issue. And also tried on an Mac OS X Snow Leopard: same issue.
On another test site I have the same system (CB + a theme) preinstalled by the theme maintainer (when you install it, everything is preconfigured) and there's no such issue.
So it seems very strange...I don't understand. Even if it was an issue with my browser, than why on one test site it works fine, on another it isn't?
If it's an issue with my browser blocking cookies, where should I look for?

PS: in firefox it seems to be working.
In Chrome the problem remains.
We chould really do semethig, because I wouldn't like to have 50% of users go away without been registered.,.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn