EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?

9 years 3 months ago #256640 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: cavo789

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257153 by beat

cavo789 wrote: Still not Nick.

I've installed CB then CBSubs (module, system plugin and all CB plugins (main, content, promo, tax, ...)).

I've clean the cache of my site and on my PC and more, I've used IE (I never use it).

Then I display a plan (f.i. www.aesecure.com/fr/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1).

I make a new user registration. The country is well, by default France.
I click on "Save". CBSubs show me the first screen (see attached file).
No VAT there and no VAT too if I continue to the next screen (PayPal).

I cancel the order and click on "Click here to change the billing address".
There, in that edit screen I do nothing at all except click on save.

And, bingo, CBSubs display the VAT.

So : nothing has changed; same situation. No VAT applied for new users.

(please don't forget my question "How CBSubs should be configured to use the buyer's country rate in EU?" I really don't know how to do that magic stuff).

Thanks, have a nice evening.

This issue (#4988) is now fixed and will be available in tomorrow's nightly CBSubs build. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 3 months ago #257154 by cavo789
Replied by cavo789 on topic EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?
Thank you Beat, thank you Nick.

So once the latest release will be installed, I won't have anymore the issue; great things since I've no a lot of sells without tax due to this problem.

What about the EU VAT law compliancy ? (automatic tax rules defined by the buyer's country, at least two proof, ...)

Developper of aeSecure, optimizing and securing your web Apache sites

9 years 3 months ago #257268 by nant

cavo789 wrote: Thank you Beat, thank you Nick.

So once the latest release will be installed, I won't have anymore the issue; great things since I've no a lot of sells without tax due to this problem.

What about the EU VAT law compliancy ? (automatic tax rules defined by the buyer's country, at least two proof, ...)

I believe next releases (and latest nightly builds of CB and CBSubs) have geoip coding feature implemented.

9 years 3 months ago #257309 by beat

nant wrote:

cavo789 wrote: Thank you Beat, thank you Nick.

I believe next releases (and latest nightly builds of CB and CBSubs) have geoip coding feature implemented.

Indeed, The latest nightly build of CBSubs available in CBSubs GPL downloads has fixes for the tax and promo update needing refresh, or saving of invoicing address to take into account the default buyer country.

Moreover, it also uses GeoIP now, if apache mod_geoip or PHP php5-geoip packages are installed on the server, as follows for now:
- customers without address set will default first to their GeoIP country (and VAT will be calculated accordingly at checkout time)
- then if GeoIP for their IP is not available, or their IP is not located within a definable country (e.g. satellite IP), then the default Tax buyer country is used if set, otherwise that address entry is left blank until filled out.

For #EUVAT2015 compliance, IP address was already logged into basket since begin. Now with the nightly, the GeoIP address resolution country-code is also logged into the payment basket (order).

- GeoIP country code is also logged into the basket record. Not yet displayed in admin area, but that will come.

For the new #EUVAT2015 (on purely digital goods) compliance, 4-5 elements of country-location "proof" are now logged into the payment basket (in CBSubs there were 3-4 depending on the gateway chosen):

1) IP Address of buyer
2) now also GeoIP-resolved address of buyer)
3) Invoicing address provided by buyer
4+5) on Paypal: residence_country and address_country provided by Paypal
4) on Ogone: issuing country of credit-card
5) for other gateways, all information provided is logged into Notification and known standard country-information is logged into the basket too.

With GeoIP, the customer changing his invoicing address is indeed a conflicting information resolution, at same level of control than a checkbox. Thus I would say that the latest nightly allows to comply with #EUVAT2015 on digital goods, provided all the other processes are in place.

We are still working hard on finishing all this to have a flexible implementation for EUVAT2015 for the upcoming CBSubs 4.0 stable release.

That said (and not as a lawyer or tax-advisor): If a delivery is not purely automated and purely digital and includes personal services like forum support or manual deliveries, the new #EUVAT2015 rules on digital services doesn't apply according to UK VAT tax office. Same is true in Germany (in Germany, the VAT law even says that if your service could be provided without online IT, then new #EUVAT2015 doesn't apply. I also read on the #EUVAT2015 FB group that in France the distant selling thresholds are also (reasonably) applied to digital goods sales. So in all cases, before jumping on expensive admin tasks, it's worth checking with your accountant and local business tax advisor and following the changes which are on their way. ;-)

Anyway, let us know if latest nightly solves your bug. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257339 by cavo789
Replied by cavo789 on topic EU VAT Law 2015 - Please help - How to do ?
Hi Beat, hello Nick,

I confirm the resolution of the regression : now, the VAT is applied even when the user doesn't change his billing address. I've made a few tests and each time, the VAT has been calculated. Very good news; thank you for the work.

For the rate : I've adjust the country to France, Greece, Spain, Italy or Germany in my billing address screen and the rate still remains at 20% (the default one that I've hardcode in my tax rule).

I'll take a look in my Joomla CBSubs backend if there is something to adjust there because, right now, the rate isn't adjusted based on the customer's country.

[edit]I've just configured my CBSubs backend with a VAT rule with VIES check including the customer introduced VAT number (in the billing address screen) and my own VAT number (in the "Seller EU Tax id" field of CBSubs Tax screen). Now I'm *just* missing how to determine the correct rate based on the client's country but enough for tonight[/edit]

Thanks

Developper of aeSecure, optimizing and securing your web Apache sites

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn