AOL and cbLogin

17 years 18 hours ago #36694 by tonyurso
Replied by tonyurso on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
Im glad to see some activity on this problem. Thanks to all. Alot of my members are AOL people and Ive been adding them manually which is a pain in the butt. Anyway up to 400 members and site is only 2 months old, could not have done it with out CB and Joomla.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #37444 by hypnotoad
Replied by hypnotoad on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
beat wrote:

But it's a known joomla problem, and for full AOL support the Joomla sessions security level has to be set to lowest in joomla global settings. Did you do that ?

I don't know if it really is related, I have it set to medium so far. And AOL users could use the site and session management, it only happened at registration.

CB 3rd Party Developer: jAwards | GalleryTab for CB (Ponygallery, ML)

16 years 11 months ago #37529 by hypnotoad
Replied by hypnotoad on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
OK, I can now say for sure that the site security setting has no influence on that. I have set it to least security, and let one of my AOL users try to register - same problem as before. For now, I can only set up a notice of warning to AOL users...

CB 3rd Party Developer: jAwards | GalleryTab for CB (Ponygallery, ML)

16 years 11 months ago #37929 by Xaneth
Replied by Xaneth on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
Yeah, didn't notice it, but I went out and downloaded AOHell 9.0 and sure enough, failure until I commented out ALL lines that dealt with 403 forbidden. Is this a security risk? Looks like some of that is to stop spam on my site. Secondly, the confirmation email that gets sent to AOHell is unclickable. Guess I'll have to edit the welcome message for an AOHell clause...

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!

16 years 11 months ago #37930 by rnrsq
Replied by rnrsq on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
LOL I always have referred to them as AOsmelL

16 years 9 months ago #41890 by gamingvia
Replied by gamingvia on topic Re:AOL and cbLogin
Has anyone found a fix to this aol problem. I am having the same issues with members not receiving sign up email and or lost passwords.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn