more control over profile layout

17 years 3 months ago #29209 by cosmicfantasia
Replied by cosmicfantasia on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Hi Beat,

Sorry i never knew that. Tell me if I'm wrong but you can't assign each plugin it's own div id. Only choose that it is in a div.

If you could assign a unique div id you could css any layout you want. Please excuse my igorance if it already does that, but it seams that it puts any plugin that you choose 'div with title' into <div class="cbPosTabMain">.

Thanks heaps.

Cosmic... :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #29460 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:more control over profile layout
cosmicfantasia wrote:

Hi Beat,

Sorry i never knew that. Tell me if I'm wrong but you can't assign each plugin it's own div id. Only choose that it is in a div.

If you could assign a unique div id you could css any layout you want. Please excuse my igorance if it already does that, but it seams that it puts any plugin that you choose 'div with title' into <div class="cbPosTabMain">.

Thanks heaps.

Cosmic... :)

The different positions divs have a class, and the tabs where supposed to have an id, but somehow they are commented. You see that in comprofiler.class.php here:

[code:1] case "div":
$html[$pos] .= "\n\t\t\t<div style=\"width:95%\" class=\"contentheading\">" // id=\"".$oTab->???."\
.getLangDefinition($oTab->title)."</div>"
. "\n\t\t\t<div class=\"contentpaneopen\" style=\"width:95%\">".$oContent[$k]."</div>";
break;
[/code:1]

Looks like we were missing a reliable unique source for the id... :unsure:

Have marked that line for checking it for next cb release. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 3 months ago #29848 by cosmicfantasia
Replied by cosmicfantasia on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Thanks heaps Beat. With an id added, it should keep us out of trouble until a really template option is available.

That is unless anybody else has any suggestions that could make this area better? And again, if we all get some kind of consensus then perhaps we could chip in to get it done earlier rather than later.

Speak soon,
Snorky.. :)

Post edited by: cosmicfantasia, at: 2007/01/25 08:03

17 years 2 months ago #30666 by moneybetz
Replied by moneybetz on topic Re:more control over profile layout
beat wrote:

...CB templates CSS allows you to specify already quite a lot of tabs placement options without any core hacking, and is very much under-utilized, as unfortunately its power is not well understood.

Where can I find more info on this? TIA

I would be willing to chip in some money! I am not a programmer but - I am looking for something like MySpace codes...so that users can customize their profiles. Ideally that would be a function with-in CB, so that once a user registers and confirms their email, they are then asked to customize their profile. USER CHOICE. ITS ALL ABOUT USER OPTIONS.

Well thats my 2 cents. B)

Post edited by: moneybetz, at: 2007/02/07 09:19

Post edited by: moneybetz, at: 2007/02/07 09:21

17 years 2 months ago #30671 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:more control over profile layout
There are quite some good readings about CSS out, "The definitive guide" is certainly among the top of them. You may also take a look at :

www.csszengarden.com/

You can click on the links in that right column to display exactly the same front-page HTML code simply using different CSS stylesheets.

This may give you a first impression on what can be achieved with CSS.

To get the needed ids and class-names for your own CSS CB template (CB supports such ones standard), simply look at html source code of a profile on your site.

That said, we are available for contract-work at industry-standard rates and next CB version benefits already from a few such contracted improvements. We try to develop contracted implementations in a way which benefits to CB with new features, and to the customer as maintenance issues are solved for him.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #30724 by moneybetz
Replied by moneybetz on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Thank you - that was a good link. If a bunch (hopefully hundreds down the road) of profile choices like that were given to the user upon registration that would be great. And if their was a way to allow the user to select a personal picture (band picture) or personal background that they could put into those profile choices that would be huge. TIA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn