more control over profile layout

17 years 2 months ago #30742 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:more control over profile layout
moneybetz wrote:

Thank you - that was a good link. If a bunch (hopefully hundreds down the road) of profile choices like that were given to the user upon registration that would be great.

Hey, this here is a community effort, not a "one-man show" of a handfull of CB core team members :D

You and all Joomlapolitans (members) here are welcome to contribute CB templates to the party. So far there is less than a handfull of templates which have been shared by the community of 40'000 members here, compared to the handfull which the CB core team shared with the community... ;)

And if their was a way to allow the user to select a personal picture (band picture) or personal background that they could put into those profile choices that would be huge. TIA

We're planing to offer more choices in that direction in one of the future CB releases, but how fast will depend on time and budgets available. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #40427 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Hi Beat!

I hope you can give some more insight on how CB is controlling Tab positions.. I try to figure out how to have tabs on different positiont in the "edit-profile" view. could you provide me with some solution some code snippet or insight what to change and where to succeed?

edit:
i think nested tabs should also be shown on edit-profile view otherwise the normal view and edit tab view is different and leads to confusion apart from edit_profile view looking messy for too many tabs present...
somebody please help...

Thx
Fabs

Post edited by: ffaabbss, at: 2007/07/06 15:38

16 years 9 months ago #41225 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:more control over profile layout
I really need my "edit-Profile" view rearranged..
I have a few tabs nested in normal Profile view but in "edit-profile" view it is a mess of countless tabs in two rows...
please I really need some help here.

moreover I need to get rid of Profile book from being nested when selecting nested tabs in CB configuration. I want Profile Book to be on the top row just as CB_Gallery... heelp really appreciated..

Thanks
Fabs

16 years 7 months ago #46278 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:more control over profile layout
Yes, this is and old thread, but...

I still don't see a resolution to this. Is there no way to easily specify a unique CSS class/id for each tab?

Currently, some of the tabs have a unique class/id but not all. This makes individual styling almost impossible.

Could you post the change that would be necessary to uncomment the line in comprofiler.class.php to use the title of the tab as the class/id name? This could be a "risky" hack, but worth it for folks like me desperate to get individual styling. Of course the title would have to be unique and not duplicated, but I can make sure of that manually.

I guess I can try uncommenting it myself, but the escaped double quotes are quite intimidating ;)

16 years 7 months ago #46290 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:more control over profile layout
royce wrote:

Currently, some of the tabs have a unique class/id but not all. This makes individual styling almost impossible.

I answered this in my forum www.mikkosoft.fi/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=52&func=view&catid=2&id=635#635

-Mikko

16 years 7 months ago #46291 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:more control over profile layout
ffaabbss wrote:

I really need my "edit-Profile" view rearranged..
I have a few tabs nested in normal Profile view but in "edit-profile" view it is a mess of countless tabs in two rows...
please I really need some help here.

moreover I need to get rid of Profile book from being nested when selecting nested tabs in CB configuration. I want Profile Book to be on the top row just as CB_Gallery... heelp really appreciated..

This line of source code (comprofiler.class.php) controls if a tab is nested or not

[code:1]
if ( $ueConfig && $oTab->fields && ( ( $oTab->pluginclass == null ) || ( $oTab->sys == 2 ) ) )
[/code:1]

If you add the following code to the end of getEditTab function in the profile book, it should not appear nested.

[code:1]
$tab->fields=false;
[/code:1]

Hope this helps.

-Mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn