phpBB Connector Error...

17 years 8 months ago #20097 by Spotted1
phpBB Connector Error... was created by Spotted1
I originally was attempting to install the phpBB connector on Mambo 4.5.2, but when I received this error I attempted it on Joomla! 1.0.10. All went well, until I got the error - again. :( I'm attemping to use phpBB 2.0.19. and connector v1.2 (I believe.)

Everything installs perfectly. When I click on "phpBBconnector" under the Installed Plugins section, it comes up with another page, with the "Change name" box and a few others. On the right hand of that page there's a box for putting in the folder name for phpBB (in this case, phpBB2). There's a link there for a Control Panel. When I click that link a new window pops up with the following errors:

[code:1]Warning: main(/configuration.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p/u/d/puddlejumpers/html/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 27

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/p/u/d/puddlejumpers/html/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 27
[/code:1]

Can anybody help? :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #20177 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...
Interesting error... I assume that phpbb2 is in the root of your website (www.yoursite.com/phpbb2)...

Looks like phpBB is not finding your configuration.php..... Have you installed phpBB and got it running by itself yet? If not then make sure to setup and configure phpbb...

If so then let me know and we can dig into further..

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 7 months ago #20241 by Spotted1
Replied by Spotted1 on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...
Oh thank you thank you thank you for answering! I've read every thread on this forum relating to the phpBB connector hoping to find the answer and I just couldn't do it. I know I'm dense when it comes to PHP but I didn't think I'd managed to screw things up that badly. :lol:

To answer your question, yes phpBB is up and running, with active members and posts, completely independent. It's functioning perfectly. Which is part of the reason why I'm so confused. :pinch:

17 years 7 months ago #20264 by geeffland
Is it (phpbb) setup in the same website and database as Joomla/CB?

17 years 7 months ago #20267 by Spotted1
Replied by Spotted1 on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...
Yes.

17 years 7 months ago #20269 by geeffland
what mods do you have installed?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn