phpBB Connector Error...

17 years 5 months ago #25725 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...
OK,

I think this is a Joomla / Joomla setup issue... I think I have read something about it on their site...

Basically the control panel has this link
cyberhostuk.net/~frozenhe/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php

This file will do an admin session check prior to showing the page. 2 issues here...
1) Joomla's login check was not smart enough to go to the right directory for its "You Need To Login" message... or I don't have something coded right...
2) When you login as an admin at cyberhostuk.net it redirects to www.cyberhostuk.net... so this is what the sessions and cookies know... Now when the connector creates that link it uses the Joomla Live Site name... which in your case does not include the www prefix... so Joomla's admin check fails...

this link below will work if you are logged into the admin side

www.cyberhostuk.net/~frozenhe/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php

it can be used as a temporary fix... probably the best fix is to edit the configuration.php file of Joomla and add the www prefix onto the $mosConfig_live_site variable...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #25726 by ant3112uk
Replied by ant3112uk on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...
Geoff!!

I am amazed by your skills!! Thank you so much!

Do you think that when I finally finish the site, and resolve my domain name I will have any different problems?

But thanks again, I have now merged my users into the phpbb without any problems...incredible!

17 years 5 months ago #25817 by geeffland
You may have similar issues with the new domain name... just be careful about the live site name and any redirects that might happen (with re: to the www prefix)

Greg

17 years 5 months ago #27088 by Stinus
Replied by Stinus on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...
Hi
I have move my site to Siteground, and update to CB 1.0.2 and phpBB connector 1.0.2 Beta. (joomla 1.0.11)
RG_emulation = 0 Safemode = off
I get error when i got to the plugin control panel.[code:1]Warning: main(1/includes/joomla.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/veteran1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 28

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '1/includes/joomla.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/veteran1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 28[/code:1]

When i copy line 14 - 25 and put it after include_once for globals.php. The error is:
[code:1]Warning: main(/home/veteran1/public_html/a:2:{s:11:\"autologinid\";s:0:\"\";s:6:\"userid\";i:-1;}/configuration.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/veteran1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 39

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/veteran1/public_html/a:2:{s:11:\"autologinid\";s:0:\"\";s:6:\"userid\";i:-1;}/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/veteran1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 39[/code:1]

Member who reg in joomla, autmatic reg into phpBB. But if reg in phpBB, the new user don't autmatic reg in joomla.

Stian

Veteranbrannbiler.com - Old Fire Truck site

17 years 4 months ago #27232 by geeffland
Not sure I know the answer

Does that phpbbgui.php file exist in that directory? If no then what directory does it exist in?

As far as reg in phpbb... Sounds like it is working correctly. As noted in the FAQs and readme file this is not a hack into phpbb, so anything you do in phpbb will not necessarily affect CB/Joomla. Same thing is true for login, logout, etc. That is partly why we had suggested disabling the phpbb registration.

Greg

17 years 4 months ago #27251 by Stinus
Replied by Stinus on topic Re:phpBB Connector Error...

Does that phpbbgui.php file exist in that directory? If no then what directory does it exist in?

Yes phpbbgui.php is in /home/veteran1/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/

The truble is i don't get to the plugin control panel. (I only get a error massage)

Member who reg in joomla, autmatic reg into phpBB. But if reg in phpBB, the new user don't autmatic reg in joomla.

I only mean that the phpconnector have conection between Joomla / php. I know there can be some truble with reg. between php / Joomla. (This is not the truble.)

Stian

Veteranbrannbiler.com - Old Fire Truck site

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn