Installation problem

15 years 9 months ago #67011 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Installation problem
Okay, new error!

I went to CB Tools Manager / Check Community Builder Database - and got an error 500 page with the following (at the following link: administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=checkcbdb&databaseid=0&cbsecuritym3=cbm_58958054_68dd454a_cdf046f701323b29b98e71d7118f421d ):

500 - An error has occurred
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'a.aro_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.value AS id, a.aro_id FROM fire_core_acl_aro a LEFT JOIN fire_users u ON u.id = a.value WHERE a.section_value = 'users' AND u.id IS NULL

Call stack
# Function Location
1 include() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/index2.php:14
2 JAdministrator->dispatch() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/index.php:70
3 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/includes/application.php:130
4 require_once() /var/www/html/mysite/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
5 require() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php:29
6 checkcbdb() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php:369
7 CBdatabase->loadObjectList() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php:2836
8 CBdatabase->query() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php:835
9 JDatabaseMySQL->query() /var/www/html/mysite/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php:670
10 JError->raiseError() /var/www/html/mysite/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php:229
11 JError->raise() /var/www/html/mysite/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:173
12 JException->__construct() /var/www/html/mysite/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:138

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67012 by rofar
More information:

I can only seem to get to the Tools and Configuration links. Everything else produces the same error 500 page!

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #67018 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
whamprod wrote:

I am having the devil's own time of it...

I've downloaded cb_1_2_0_RC2-unzip1st.zip (I do not have a previous installation.) The documentation installation instructions begin with:

2.1 Distribution
The distribution package of the CB 1.2 is a compressed zip file comprised of the
following:
• comprofiler.zip
This contains the installation package of the CB component.
• cblogin.zip
This is the module package that will be used to substitute the default
Joomla/Mambo Login module.

Well, I don't have a comprofiler.zip or cblogin.zip in my installation download. What I DO have is files named com_comprofiler.zip, mod_comprofilerOnline.zip, mod_cblogin.zip, and mod_comprofilerModerator.zip

I usually have no trouble installing new components/plugins. But when I try to install com_comprofiler.zip, I get an error message that says:

* Warning! - Failed to move file

Unable to find install package

Nothing wants to install. What am I missing?

whamprod,

Yes, com_ and mod_ were added lately as prefixes to make things clear. Thanks for noticing the doc not being completely updated. com_comprofiler.zip is a joomla component, to be installed as a component. mod_.... are joomla/mambo modules. Please check also the README.txt file which is in the package that you downloaded, it might help you.

Please open your own separate thread, indicating your exact CMS type and version, etc, if you have additional questions, your problem is different, please don't hijack this thread ;) , thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67019 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Installation problem
rofar wrote:

Okay, nant and beat, we are getting somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I turned "System Legacy" on and now I can access Community Builder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why though???? I thought this was supposed to be totally native????!!!!!

By the way, that template from template plaza is no longer showing the error message for line 17 anymore either!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what do you think?????????????

Well, if you ask me, i think that 1 '?' is enough to indicate that this is a question :D

And yes, CB 1.2 RC 2 installs native, provided that your other components, modules, plugins, mambots, etc. are 100% native as well... ;)

Proof: CB 1.2 RC2 installs fine on a new correct joomla 1.5.3 site.

What i also think is that your joomla 1.5.x installation is probably not the latest, or has not been upgraded completely to latest, including database and files, or includes extensions that "hack" the joomla installation in a way or another.

Lots of errors have been fixed in joomla 1.5 since first releases. And the above looks like one OR more of those or of an ACL hacking component for instance.... ;)

rofar wrote:

More information:

I can only seem to get to the Tools and Configuration links. Everything else produces the same error 500 page!

That's normal, your database is not in order. :)

I understand this is frustrating for you, specially that with over 120 CB 1.2 RC 2 downloads by now, and only one minor other installation issues, this issue which you already had with 1.2 RC is still open: but let's try to solve it calmly.

Ok, back to basics, sorry, prefer to ask even if information already in the threads, as it may have changed in the mean time:

- Which exact Joomla version do you have ?
(that's a key question)

- Which exact MySql version do you have ?

- Which exact PHP version do you have ?

- What other mambots/plugins/hacks do you have installed ?
(that's a key question)

- When you try a normal of Community Builder installation, what error do you get ?
(that's a key question)

- If you try same with joomla debug ON, what do you get ?

- When you uninstall CB, are following folders completely deleted ? :
administrator/components/com_comprofiler
components/com_comprofiler

- Do you have joomla 1.5.x FTP layer ON for installation ?
- if yes, how's it going with OFF ?
- if no, how's it going with ON ?
(that's probably a key question, as i suspect folder permission problems at the begin)

- what are your folder permissions for
administrator/components/
components/
tmp/
media/

I know these are lots of questions and things to try out of the blue, but as we don't have access to your system we have to guess, and want to avoid 20 pages of forum thread, for you and for us ;)

Hope that by answering the above you or we might start to have a clue on the cause of your problem.

ok, 11:45 pm here...time to look at other threads ;)
I also PMed you.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #67022 by rofar
After "Synchronize Users," I was able to access "Check Community Builder Database" and perform a complete fix! More news to follow!

And to answer the basics, that you asked:

- Which exact Joomla version do you have ?
(that's a key question)

Joomla 1.5.3

- Which exact MySql version do you have ?

MySQL5 5.0.27

- Which exact PHP version do you have ?

PHP 5.2.5

- What other mambots/plugins/hacks do you have installed ?
(that's a key question)

Honestly, at the moment, only the com_comprofiler, mod_cblogin, mod_comprofilerOnline, mod_comprofilerModerator

- When you try a normal of Community Builder installation, what error do you get ?
(that's a key question)

Just a blank error 500

- If you try same with joomla debug ON, what do you get ?

Quoted elsewhere. I can repost that here, if you need. But, it's the same errors I have posted.

- When you uninstall CB, are following folders completely deleted ? :
administrator/components/com_comprofiler
components/com_comprofiler

yes

- Do you have joomla 1.5.x FTP layer ON for installation ?

no

- if yes, how's it going with OFF ?

it's off

- if no, how's it going with ON ?
(that's probably a key question, as i suspect folder permission problems at the begin)

I will have to try this, but may wait for a future site installation, to get back to you on that question.

- what are your folder permissions for
administrator/components/
components/
tmp/
media/

administrator/components/ - 755
components/ - 755
tmp/ - 755
media/ - 755

(I do thank you very much for all of the help! You've been great, Beat!!)

15 years 9 months ago #67024 by rofar
I can now access Tab Management, Field Management, List Management, Plugin Management, Tools and Configuration. It all looks very impressive, I must say!!

However, when I access User Management, I get the following:

DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'aro.aro_id' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT u.*, g.name AS groupname, ue.approved,ue.confirmed FROM fire_users AS u LEFT JOIN fire_comprofiler AS ue ON u.id = ue.id INNER JOIN fire_core_acl_aro AS aro ON aro.value = u.id INNER JOIN fire_core_acl_groups_aro_map AS gm ON gm.aro_id = aro.aro_id INNER JOIN fire_core_acl_aro_groups AS g ON g.group_id = gm.group_id WHERE aro.section_value = 'users' LIMIT 0, 20

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn