Don't get instruction page after request password

15 years 6 months ago #78197 by nant
pkirbyr wrote:

This is still an open problem as far as I'm concerned. There was a suggestion that it was a language file that could possibly be messed up, but i've never changed it. Also
a suggestion that it's a template issue, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It would be great to get clarity. I will entertain the option of paying someone to fix this or at least provide some instruction as to what could be the issue.

Thanks for any help.

k.

The language string that handles this message is:

DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_SENT','New User Password created and sent to your email address %s. Please check your email (and if needed your spambox too)!');

It is located on line 997 of the default_language.php file which is located in your:

root folder -> components->com_comprofiler->plugin\language->default_language

folder.

Check to see it this is ok.

Also, I noticed that the email I receive from your site does not have a site name - maybe try setting the site name in joomla.

Also noticed that your remind username functionality is not working, so there is something wrong with your site.

All of this works just fine on my test sites.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/10/25 12:24

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/10/25 12:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #78251 by pkirbyr
I appreciate the pointers..

The language file includes:

DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_SENT','New User Password created and sent to your email address %s. Please check your email (and if needed your spambox too)!');

as you indicated.

Have any idea where i can try to track down what you referred to as a problem with our "remind username functionality" ?

I have no idea why this would be damaged.

Thanks again.

k.

15 years 6 months ago #78252 by nant
pkirbyr wrote:

I appreciate the pointers..

The language file includes:

as you indicated.

Have any idea where i can try to track down what you referred to as a problem with our "remind username functionality" ?

I have no idea why this would be damaged.

Thanks again.

k.

only other thing i can think of is a bad upgrade.
you can try using expert upgrade once again to make sure all files are the latest.

15 years 6 months ago #78290 by pkirbyr
Thanks again for the response.

I've debugged so many applications at this point I need to know for certain you are referring to CB when you indicate

"only other thing i can think of is a bad upgrade.

you can try using expert upgrade once again to make sure all files are the latest."

Also, I received a reply from a direct email I sent to Joomla.org developer. Here is his response to my email on the subject...

>> "There is no such thing as a username remind function."
>>
>On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:12 AM, <kirby@techmediacom.com> wrote:
>We're running Joomla 1.5.7 from a fresh install, but have been told by someone over at Community Builder/Joomlapolis that I have a problem with the "username remind" function.
>
>from CB/Joomlapolis: "noticed that your remind username functionality is not working, so there is something wrong with your site."
>
>I don't know how this could get damaged and don't know where to look to fix it.
>
>I searched the topic and came up with your security update and thought it might be related. Any help appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>

Help appreciated.

k.

15 years 6 months ago #78303 by beat
pkirbyr wrote:

www.techmediaglobal.com

Your Joomla 1.5 template happens to not support displaying messages on redirects, so the message isn't displayed.

dedes wrote:

Hi together,
same here.
Version: 1.2 RC 3

www.doxenter.de

no password send
no further instructions shown

why?

Kind regards

Daniela

Can't access this password-protected site, so can't diagnose.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #78311 by beat
dedes,

Got your PM for the access, same issue:

Your Joomla 1.5 template happens to not support displaying messages on redirects, so the message isn't displayed

Template non-conformity with Joomla 1.5 + it doesn't respect the UTF-8 setting of Joomla 1.5.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn