Don't get instruction page after request password

15 years 6 months ago #77673 by pkirbyr
Thanks, but the problem is that users don't get a screen saying "... check your email to confirm your login" user has no instruction.

are saying a message doesn't display on the screen (browser) because the file is corrupt. If so, how to fix???

help appreciated.

k.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77677 by pkirbyr
yep just confirmed again... click on "forgot password", fill out username and email address and click submit, then get a blank screen when a screen should appear saying "Please check your email for your password (or username)" or some equivalent.

Is there a way to create a message to display after requesting password? Or maybe a module

15 years 6 months ago #77709 by Rapunzl
Probably a template issue. Try with the default Joomla template.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #77710 by nant
pkirbyr wrote:

yep just confirmed again... click on "forgot password", fill out username and email address and click submit, then get a blank screen when a screen should appear saying "Please check your email for your password (or username)" or some equivalent.

Is there a way to create a message to display after requesting password? Or maybe a module

Have you made any changes to your language file?

15 years 6 months ago #77716 by dedes
Hi together,
same here.
Version: 1.2 RC 3

www.doxenter.de

no password send
no further instructions shown

why?

Kind regards

Daniela

15 years 6 months ago #78195 by pkirbyr
This is still an open problem as far as I'm concerned. There was a suggestion that it was a language file that could possibly be messed up, but i've never changed it. Also
a suggestion that it's a template issue, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It would be great to get clarity. I will entertain the option of paying someone to fix this or at least provide some instruction as to what could be the issue.

Thanks for any help.

k.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn