Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!

17 years 8 months ago #18509 by beat
This thread discusses the Content article: Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!

We have worked very hard to finish this 1.0.1 release these last many hours, and also spent time with testteam to do - quickly - tests on it.

Please report here and in bugs forum any problems you may face with that release, which has been released in a rush.

If you have access logs of the hackers using the vulnerability, or information, specially information allowing to locate the hackers, you may use contact form to provide them, and also please contact the compethent authorities directly. Our first priority has been to fix this vulnerability and release them with the stability release that was on the way. We will provide the informations that we have collected today to the competent authorities also. Please don't use this thread for this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #18512 by Dionysus
Replied by Dionysus on topic Re:Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!
I just installed the updated version.

I un-installed and re-installed the cb_loginRC_2

The problem is:

I cannot assign Menu Item Link(s):

17 years 8 months ago #18516 by lvhaverb
Replied by lvhaverb on topic Re:Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!
Hi,
Thanks for the hard work. My site has been hacked and I really am stuck now. I uploaded the new files: but how do I get access to my backend now, or frontend?

Thanks!

17 years 8 months ago #18518 by RJP1
Sorry for asking too many questions, but ALL 4 criteri must be met to be vunerable?
So am I right in saying that if my register_globals is OFF, I'm safe?

Cheers, just making sure!

17 years 8 months ago #18522 by globule
Replied by globule on topic Re:Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!
Thanks a lot for the fast work.
1.0 to 1.0.1 upgrade works fine. Don't forget to upgrade ALL modules too.
Jim plugin is ok with this new version.

17 years 8 months ago #18523 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!
RJP1 wrote:

Sorry for asking too many questions, but ALL 4 criteri must be met to be vunerable?
So am I right in saying that if my register_globals is OFF, I'm safe?
Cheers, just making sure!

I need this answer too. my register_globals is also OFF, so I#m safe or must i upgrade too?

cheers

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn