Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!

17 years 9 months ago #18718 by crash777
Replied by crash777 on topic Re:Security Release - CB 1.0.1 - RELEASED!
Read the rest of MY post..
"I started fresh.. uninstalled all components, modules, etc and removed mysql tables. Then reinstalled.. Should I worry I don't have the newest version? Did I miss something? What is a foolproof way to tell? What checks is CB doing to give me this message?"

I installed the newest version. I am wondering why it is telling me I have not...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #18719 by dpk
While we're at it, isn't it a good idea to shut down allow_url_fopen as well? Are there any major add-ons that need it?

And would I be better off with 1) Php open_basedir Protection ENABLED and 2) Do php code directories NOT having write permissions from web-server processes?

(Crash--if you read what you wrote, you said you uninstalled 1.0 and then "reinstalled." You didn't say what you reinstalled, and it is not correct to say you "reinstalled" a security upgrade because it had never been installed before. Logically I asummed you reinstalled 1.0 for some bizarre reason. Precise English is helpful!)

Post edited by: dpk, at: 2006/08/12 20:41

Post edited by: dpk, at: 2006/08/12 20:47

17 years 9 months ago #18721 by dpk
double posts all over the place?!

Post edited by: dpk, at: 2006/08/12 20:44

17 years 9 months ago #18722 by crash777
Yes, thank you.. I did just say "reinstalled". I should have said, I downloaded the 1.01 from the website (today) and installed it..
So.. can you assist with my question? :)

17 years 9 months ago #18729 by dpk
No, sorry, probably not. I was hoping a smarter person would answer!

I would try to FTP all the new files into their proper places and make sure everything went up.

17 years 9 months ago #18730 by crash777
True enough..
I will give that a shot. I am not too worried since the 4 exceptions are all a non issue for me. I doubt I could be hacked through CB at this point...
Thanks for the suggestions!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn