Error

Please login first

CB 1.2 RC Released to doc subscribers and supporters

15 years 11 months ago #64058 by Rapunzl
It was so much fun to watch and actually be involved with the development of this release. I thought CB was the best before, but Nant and Beat, you took it over the top!

Since the testing for the RC is pretty much done, I don't know what to do with all the non-existent spare time I spend not sleeping or working?! I guess I can hope to be involved in all the plugins to follow.

There are so many options to play with and customize now that I just had to start fresh and see where it takes me on the two sites I'm doing.
:cheer:

Thanks to both of you for your outstanding work and all the time you spend trying to make us even more happy than we already are.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64060 by andrewtuff
Thanks guys,
here we go again: almost done with a Cb1.1 installation, now redoing it all over again with 1.2.
:blink:
I'll keep you posted regarding advanced profile control integration

15 years 11 months ago #64078 by viyah
When will non-doc subscribers be able to dowload it?

15 years 11 months ago #64080 by ndee
Congratulations to all people (devs, testers, helpers ) involved making CB 1.2! Great work, will try asap :woohoo:

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 11 months ago #64083 by nant
viyah wrote:

When will non-doc subscribers be able to dowload it?

The answer is: non-doc subscribers will not be able to download CB 1.2 RC. They will have to wait for the CB 1.2 stable release.

CB 1.2 RC has also been installed on Joomlapolis.
Beat and I (and dping28) were up until the early hours to make sure that CB 1.2 RC was fit for productions site - that's our definition of Release Candidate. We would not issue RC if we did not follow this simple axiom on our owns.

The process from here on is to have all issues and findings posted by the RC testers-users to the special forum areas we have prepared. The CB Team will assess the issues and move the identified and confirmed legitimate problems to different forum area and work on corrections. Once we are satisfied that most of the important issues have been addressed, then we will issue CB 1.2 stable - which will be released to everyone.

Another reasoning behind this approach is that the CB documentation subscribers will be able to better cope with CB 1.2 RC since they have the detailed documentation at their disposal and hopefully will avoid newbie issues.

This process will take at least 3 weeks as we currently see it. Please do not mark your calendar for 3 weeks and then start complaining. We will release when its stable. Lets hope that another RC will not be needed and that CB 1.2 stable is out very soon.

Regarding the CB Team plugin releases. We will be releasing CB Captcha plugin for CB 1.2 RC within the day and withing the next week the other CB Team released plugins (profilebook, profilegallery, autowelcome, lastviews) will follow (again - only for documentation subscribers for now - since these new plugins depend on CB 1.2 RC).

I hope all of this is clear.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/06/01 10:45

15 years 11 months ago #64097 by videoandfun
Replied by videoandfun on topic Re:CB 1.2 RC Released to doc subscribers and suppo
thanks to the coderB)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn