1.0 stable build 2 in Test-team

18 years 4 weeks ago #10685 by nevsie
Replied by nevsie on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
there was a note on the front page... it is not Mambo in particular that is holding it up... it is just these guys are very busy with life, and jobs, etc...
It will come soon i am sure, i know i am eagerly awaiting it!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 weeks ago #10689 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Any new on the release? It's been pretty quite over here by the dev's. I know im on their time schedule, but my site is featured this month in a national publication and i want my CB1. whahhh :dry:

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

18 years 3 weeks ago #10760 by Goob
Replied by Goob on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Gimme something ....(like new release) to work on this weekend! :laugh:

Change update_checker()

18 years 3 weeks ago #10779 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Hi everybody watching this thread anxiously:

:) Good news: we are alive.

:) Good news: I could spend many hours this week on CB.

:) Good news: The ProfileBook plugin, after fix of known bugs has made it into test-team with a first build 4 days back.

:) Good news: The test-team has been giving excellent feed-backs and found probably most of the remaining bugs. Very special thanks go to Viames for his very intensive work on testing and giving feed-backs.

:( Bad news: I got addicted while making bug-fixes and improvements to ProfileBook, and spent dozens of hours and most nights this week on improving user-experience with, and solidity of, ProfileBook.

:) Good news: In the middle of last night, the ProfileBook build 2 made it into test-team. Only 1 very minor and already fixed single bug reported up to now :D . We will update the ProfileBook demo on this web-site over the week-end (quite a few new features, and improved editor, specially in FireFox).

:( Bad news: a few more bugs got found in the mean time in CB that need to be fixed, before releasing the stable release candidate to test-team.

:D So to reply shortly: Mambo 4.6beta1 is not delaying CB 1.0 stable release.

B) Mambo 4.6beta 1 tests have been conducted by test-team independantly of my work on CB and have pinpointed bugs within Mambo 4.6 beta 1 only. :)

B) We conduct regularly compatibility tests with both Joomla 1.0.x, Joomla 1.1.x and Mambo 4.5.x and 4.6.x (as long as they are backwards compatible). This is important, because of the very large user-base (12'501 users registered here (WOW! Thanks! :)) out of 32'287 right now on Joomla forum).

:) I also spent a few hours with Joomla core team making sure that upcoming 1.0.9 and 1.5 remain interoperable smoothly with CB. We are extremely pleased with the contacts with Joomla core team, and get not only informed, but also consulted on new features and API in 1.5 that can affect CB.

:P I'm as impatiant as you all, if not more, to get CB 1.0 stable out.

:blush: I'm sorry that I couldn't be very active on the forums here, specially to answer known questions, and have been only focussing on new bugs on the bugs forum.

;) Please, if you want to help us get CB out asap and know a little bit of it: take a look the forums, and answer newbies questions, if you know the answer. This will continue to free us some more time for getting CB out the door.

:woohoo: New ETA for CB 1.0 stable: between 25 and 33 April 2006. (We stretch days of work to more than 24 hours per day, why not months :D)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Now back to work, to get the final CB 1.0 stable candidate into testteam !!! :woohoo: "Weeeeeeeeeee....."

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 weeks ago #10795 by designguru
Replied by designguru on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Your dedication is much apreciated Beat (and everyone else pushing CB forward)!

Looking forward to the release...

q./

18 years 3 weeks ago #10802 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Take you're time, :) You doing good :)

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN