1.0 stable build 2 in Test-team

18 years 1 month ago #10491 by alistaircochrane
Replied by alistaircochrane on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Mambo? What's that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #10509 by Grendel
Replied by Grendel on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
PLEASE Forget Mambo... I mean really!... You are telling me that we are waiting for the release because of a "BETA" version of Mambo... Mambo is on its way to death... just let it go... besides you are trying for compatibility of a beta version of the software... FORGET IT... when Mambo 4.6 STABLE comes out.. then worry about it... don't make us suffer for some one elses beta software.

Post edited by: Grendel, at: 2006/04/17 20:14

18 years 1 month ago #10510 by obnoxio
Replied by obnoxio on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
:::as i point to name of site:::
for some reason...i coulda swore it didnt say mambopolis...but i could be wrong...heh

but seriously...i do see where the dev team is coming from on trying to get it to work...seeings that joomla and mambo are inter-changeable...for the MOST part...and the more versions their software works on..the better adopted they will be...as if they werent there already...heh

keep up the fantastic work though guys
im going to go back sitting by the door waiting on the easter bunny to bring me my nice shiney CB stable that i asked for

Post edited by: obnoxio, at: 2006/04/17 20:13

18 years 1 month ago #10513 by justberare
Replied by justberare on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
I have one question about CB1 stable : will it be possible just to upgrade a CBRC2 installation without loosing the tables and everything ?

For the wait it's ok, remember how hard it was for the RC2 ... so honnestly it's ok.

18 years 1 month ago #10533 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Hey guys, we don't know for sure that release is being delayed because of Mambo, or did I miss something?

Regardless, why wouldn't support for Mambo be a good thing? CB is a tool, a piece of software, and for software to be successful it has to have the broadest user base possible.

You cut Mambo out of the picture (and I don't contend it will never happen), then think of the potential audience, the potential 3PD's and other goodies that we might miss out on.

Heck, if you could install CB on a dead badger, I'd say it'd be worth a couple of days of delay.

www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml

18 years 1 month ago #10537 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Well I don't want to beat this Mambo bush for too long, but while I was using the latest Mambo this last weekend, I noticed some new menu options and a difference in how it acts and installs, I also read a few articles on the Mambo forums, and it seems that a divide is being created between Joomla and Mambo with their latest release. CB isn't the only component that doesn't install properely on Mambo 4.6 beta 1, I think the road is forking and Mambo is trying to make a different name for themselves.

We will see.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn