Error

Please login first

1.0 stable build 2 in Test-team

18 years 1 month ago #10538 by CrashTestDummy
Replied by CrashTestDummy on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Yes i agree, fact of the matter is the great divide that is now occuring between Joomla and Mambo was most certainly always going to be inevitable, so this basically means that you are then forced by software delopments to pick a side as it were, or perhaps make a specific version for both CMS. But either way when it does happen that will be up to our developer friends.. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #10565 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Hopefully there's code to detect whether the CMS is Joomla or Mambo. Then different portions of code could execute for each one. That would make life easier for coders, and maybe we could get 1.0 stable a little sooner.

Not that I know anything about whether it's Mambo that is causing the delay. I don't. Does anyone really know?

I don't agree that compatibility with Mambo is a good thing. I think INCOMPATIBILITY with Mambo is a good thing. I would rather see CB optimized for a single CMS...it will lead to faster development and releases in the future, maybe much faster as the fork between Mambo and Joomla widens. You can't straddle a fork forever.

And let's face it, CB is so good that it will convert users from Mambo to Joomla anyway. So there's no reason to develop for Mambo.

Roger

18 years 1 month ago #10572 by nevsie
Replied by nevsie on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
considering this is free (donations are liked!!) software... Surely making it useful / useable for as many people as possible is what these guys are trying to achieve? They are not making this sofware for personal gain or promotion. They are doing it for the good of us end users. So the more users the better i say.

Yes it is annoying when it is delayed, and i am waiting to run it on a site with Joomla too... But they have other jobs to do as well as making this product for us. Perhaps donations would motivate (help) them if you want it quicker...!!!

18 years 1 month ago #10592 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
nevsie wrote:

Yes it is annoying when it is delayed, and i am waiting to run it on a site with Joomla too... But they have other jobs to do as well as making this product for us. Perhaps donations would motivate (help) them if you want it quicker...!!!

Hallelujah! I second nevsie on this.

Let's keep the donations coming so our CB guys can take unpaid vacations from their day jobs and spend it on CB development. I donated when CB RC2 was released and will donate again when the new version comes out.

JD

Post edited by: joomladude, at: 2006/04/19 01:20

18 years 1 month ago #10596 by azjr247
Replied by azjr247 on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Ok Beat,

I've just finished evaluating CB on mambo 4.6 , and everything seems to be fine!! I will post more in the testers site. I'm running CB on 4 joomla sites, and both mambo, and joomla seem to work perfect! More to come!

18 years 4 weeks ago #10684 by Grendel
Replied by Grendel on topic Re:1.0 stable build 3 in Test-team
Don't get me wrong... I'm not so much questioning whether or not Mambo should be included... even though I do think Mambo may die eventually.

My issue is why develop for a BETA version... or... better yet... yes... develop for the BETA version but do not let that hold up the release of software for everyone else who uses the STABLE versions and for good reason.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn