Expiration email question

13 years 2 weeks ago #160729 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Expiration email questi
RCCheesley was using an actual extension created to send out emails. From what I've read though, that was not jiving with the more current CBsubs versions.

The better method is to create your php file which will send anyone that is expiring in a certain amount of time an email that is customizable.

You only need 2 things for this hack - a php file that is customized for your situation (see my previous posts for sample) and the cron task meant to run it once per day.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #160731 by webtechgal
Replied by webtechgal on topic Re:Expiration email questi
Sorry, my misunderstanding, I thought we were all talking about the customized text.

I did use your example, creating a php file for 4 weeks notice and a cron job set to run once per day. I am getting notice email that the cron job runs. I guess I just don't know where I should look to see if it sent emails? Sorry for my ignorance. :(

I have attached a jpg of the contents of the cron email, if that helps.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Attachments:

13 years 2 weeks ago #160733 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Expiration email questi
only way to tell is to set your expiration date to a day in the future (4 weeks for you) and then run the query and see if you get an email. If you do not want it to send out because it's just a test, then add this line "where user_id = 62" or whatever your user_id is. Try the day before and after 4 weeks though since sometimes the time is offset.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

13 years 2 weeks ago #160736 by webtechgal
Replied by webtechgal on topic Re:Expiration email questi
Thank you for the clarification. I will give that a shot and see what happens.

Thanks again!

13 years 2 weeks ago #160763 by tto
Replied by tto on topic Re:Expiration email questi
Hello,

AcyMailing can send out the reminders for CBSubs expiration , and it is working great :cheer:

Check : AcyMailing CBCubs plugin

Regards,

Tariq

13 years 2 weeks ago #160816 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Expiration email questi
tto - that sounds fantastic!

Do you know whether it will work with just the basic AcyMailing starter plan?

I've already got a newsletter set up for the site and don't need a full-scale mailing system, but I am quite anxious for my members to get that advance warning of expiration date!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds