CB Subs Mailer and the Automated Settings

9 years 1 month ago #261410 by JoeGrande
Replied by JoeGrande on topic CB Subs Mailer and the Automated Settings
I can now access the URL without error, so that problem is solved. However, my test mails are still not being generated.Nothing is queued and nothing is set.

At this point, not sure if it my Cron job that is incorrect, as I am unfamiliar with Cron jobs, and my host is not that helpful; or it is something is my config that I just do not have set up correctly and nothing is being triggered.

I created a test sub,that is 30 minutes and the mailer is supposed to send a notification 15 min prior to the expiry.

Please review the screen shot, and let me know if my config is correct

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261441 by nant
The way I read your image is:

Send the email if expiration happens in next 15 minutes but do not send if expiration has already happened 5 minutes ago.

So depending on how often your cron jobs executed you might miss this window.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261457 by JoeGrande
I set the Cron job to every 5 minutes.
This is what the Cron job emails me-

--2015-03-26 07:25:03-- testserver.bonsai-bci.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpact=cbsubsclass&cbpclass=mailer&user=62&cbpmailerdo=500&key=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e&format=raw
Resolving testserver.bonsai-bci.com... 69.89.31.158
Connecting to testserver.bonsai-bci.com|69.89.31.158|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: “/dev/null”

0K 6.24M=0s

2015-03-26 07:25:05 (6.24 MB/s) - “/dev/null” saved [41]

9 years 1 month ago #261458 by beat
- checking if a a cron task by URL works is very easy: Just put that url in your browser and press enter. :-)

- CBSubs has 3 urls for cron tasks for mailers: One for queueing the message, one for sending it, and third one which does both. That's there on purpose: You can "debug" your conditions for the mailers by just pasting the first URL in your browser to access it. Then go in Mailer Queue view and you can view the mails that get queued with subject and "To" email address. Then simply use the email sending from queue URL in your browser to trigger the email sending: This allows you to verify that your server effectively sends the email. That way you can "debug" where your issue in a not "blind" way. :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

9 years 1 month ago #261462 by JoeGrande
Thanks for that, that is helpful.

I created a very simple test with the following settings
Subject- Test
Body-Test
Send email in txt
From Name- Bonsai BCI
From Email address- our email address
Main Mailer Triggering Conditions
Automatically send message at following date - after 5 minutes
Relative to this date of the plans below - Subscriptions Subscription Date (I am assuming that would be the date the sign up took place)
Must be in state Active
But do not send message if it's later than7 Days after

The rest are default settings

I then deleted my test user subscription and subscribed new to my test plan, which I changed the period from 30 minutes to two days. So, what I was expecting to happen, is 5 minutes after signing up again, the test email would go into the queue.

I waited 5 minutes or so and pasted the first URL to add to mail queue and alas, nothing happens.

Am I on the mark for logic in my settings? And if so, what would be my next step?

9 years 1 month ago #261464 by JoeGrande
Doing some more research on Cron jobs

Connecting to testserver.bonsai-bci.com|69.89.31.158|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: “/dev/null”

Specifying /dev/null into your Cron job removes error messages.
The "200 - Okay" is not as positive as it sounds

200 is permission denied

So, I guess that would indicate something on the server end

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn