[SOLVED] Have a couple issues

12 years 10 months ago #168387 by vetelmo
Replied by vetelmo on topic Re: Have a couple issues
Also, when i click on the Plans link, it shows my membergroups in the color Red. Is there something I did wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168388 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Have a couple issues
Got PM and took a look.

First findings/opinion:

1. I configured the CB Admin Navigation module correctly so you get drop-down menus instead of tables - the CBSubs 1.2 documentation gives configuration instructions for this in Section 8.33 on pages 106-108. Please suggest clearer instructions if possible and I will improve.

2. It appears that emailing from your site is not working - I also tested mass email from joomla and even though it says that messages were successfully sent, no email was received. This could have something to do with your hosting environment, so please open a ticket with them.

3. I have noticed very slow responses from your site and I am getting many timeouts - could also be a hosting issue. Are you also experiencing the same? If so you need to bring this up with your hosting helpdesk (perhaps you are on some really over-booked environment).

4. I turned off all SEF settings and cleared the cache and also turned off CB email confirmation settings from CB -> Configuration -> Registration tab (since email messages appear to not work) and was able to complete the registration form and login just fine - please verify this yourself.

5. Once you have everything properly working with SEF off, then you should try turning it on - please note that you might have to rename the htaccess.txt file (I don't know if you had done this when you turned on SEF initially).

6. Regarding your CBSubs configuration - it appears that you have configured your plans to switch subscribers to other groups upon subscription. Is this what you want? CBSubs has its own built-in ACL protection that can be used without need for this. This is in response to the red question you asked.

Please address above issues (specially the hosting related issues, email, etc).

12 years 10 months ago #168389 by vetelmo
I have had the slow connection problem too. I will contact them. Thank you very much for your assistance.

I will go over everything again. I did test registration and it worked fine now. I also have to do something with my paypal too. I will be stoked once I can get back to getting the content on there.

Again! Thank you very much!!!

12 years 10 months ago #168390 by nant

vetelmo wrote: I have had the slow connection problem too. I will contact them. Thank you very much for your assistance.

I will go over everything again. I did test registration and it worked fine now. I also have to do something with my paypal too. I will be stoked once I can get back to getting the content on there.

Again! Thank you very much!!!

I understand your frustration as there is a learning curve involved with building your own site and even bigger one when dealing with e-commerce.

Our support and documentation is actually very good but can always be improved, so honest criticism is appreciated and encouraged.

12 years 10 months ago #168392 by nant
Wow - finally after 1 hour I received the test emails I sent from your website!!!

So, emailing is working just have huge delays!

12 years 10 months ago #168422 by vetelmo
Thank you for fixing the layout of the Admin area too!! Way easier and less frustrating to move around now. Couldn't figure out what I did wrong there too but just figured I would live with it if I could get the site's front end going.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn