[SOLVED] Have a couple issues

12 years 10 months ago #168444 by vetelmo
Replied by vetelmo on topic Re: Have a couple issues
I spoke to Godaddy, there is a known issue regarding the database which i guess is effecting the speed of the site load up. Cust service said they thought it would be fixed soon. They have a work around for it by changing the name to an ip address but I will have to change it again once they have it fixed. Kinda nervous doing that, so i am going to sweat out the wait.

nant wrote: Got PM and took a look.

6. Regarding your CBSubs configuration - it appears that you have configured your plans to switch subscribers to other groups upon subscription. Is this what you want? CBSubs has its own built-in ACL protection that can be used without need for this. This is in response to the red question you asked.

Is the built in ACL protection based of the plans? Im not seeing how to use that, will look back in documentation and make necessary changes. What Im seeing is content restriction by user groups within the backend of the CB.

I did change one of them to "registered", which changed the color from red to orange (or yellow or whatever it is, lol). I changed it back because I am little confused. Will read more in a bit. Need to get content going for now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168446 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Have a couple issues
With CBSubs you can protect any Joomla content and require a plan to unlock.

This is how we do things on Joomlapolis also.

All this is documented also.

12 years 10 months ago #168448 by vetelmo
I changed my mind about the content adding for now and am reading the docs, thank you. You have no idea how relieved i am to have the functionality.

12 years 10 months ago #168449 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Have a couple issues

vetelmo wrote: I changed my mind about the content adding for now and am reading the docs, thank you. You have no idea how relieved i am to have the functionality.

Yes, CBSubs works very well with all Joomla content.

No need to concern yourself with Joomla 1.6 ACL configurations and logic.

12 years 10 months ago #168461 by vetelmo
It works so well i cant get to the user section on the front or backend and also cant get to Group Jive. Not sure what I did to cause this.

12 years 10 months ago #168463 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Have a couple issues

vetelmo wrote: It works so well i cant get to the user section on the front or backend and also cant get to Group Jive. Not sure what I did to cause this.

Hmm, sounds like you protected Community Builder it self. Please review your plans and ensure you're not protecting all of CB (see Extensions tab on the Integration tab of your plans).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn