sh404sef (3.2.0.1108) and CB 1.7 Conflicts

12 years 8 months ago #174835 by JimmyCB
Greetings. I am a new CB customer and new to the forums here. I love CB and Joomla, of course. I've been trying to work through some issues on my own for at least a week, have done lots of Googling and searching on the JoomlaPolis.com forums. However, I have not found an answer to help.

There are definitely conflicts between sh404sef (3.2.0.1108) and CB 1.7. I will describe some of the issues and hoping that someone can help fix this.

#1, when both are installed and enabled, upon registration for a new user, the Email and Username (ajax) checks do not work. Registration, however, is successful.

#2, the new user is not able to log into the site

I figured out that it was an sh404sef conflict. So, I added "component/comprofiler" as an alias for "community". Then I was able to log in.

#3, the user is not able to log out, using the logout button.

I tried to add "comprofiler/logout" as an alias to my logout link, but this does not help.

One of the big needs I have, for the sh404sef plugin is for the user's profile address to be site.com/userID. I am converting my old site to this new site and I have close to 2000 users, all with links like that for their profiles. (The old site is using very outdated software, no longer supported and not related to Joomla/Community Builder, etc.)

I would appreciate some clear guidance on how to fix the issue here. Is it a problem with sh404sef not being totally compatible? Is it something that could be tweaked in Community Builder to just allow sh404sef (3.2.0.1108) to work? Maybe if I have a complete list of all links to add to sh404sef, it would work? I really don't know.
The topic has been locked.
12 years 8 months ago #174846 by nant
12 years 8 months ago #174858 by JimmyCB
Nant, thanks for your reply. Yes, if I disable it, then CB works fine. This is how I know it is sh404sef. I had to de-activate it and re-activate it several times to progress and see how it was interacting with CB. That's how I know that using the alias' would work to progress me a little. I had to turn off the sh404sef to figure out what the normal CB links were and also test that CB was working fine without the sh404sef. The problem is, I need the sh404sef. It is a critical plugin.
12 years 8 months ago #174860 by nant

JimmyCB wrote: Nant, thanks for your reply. Yes, if I disable it, then CB works fine. This is how I know it is sh404sef. I had to de-activate it and re-activate it several times to progress and see how it was interacting with CB. That's how I know that using the alias' would work to progress me a little. I had to turn off the sh404sef to figure out what the normal CB links were and also test that CB was working fine without the sh404sef. The problem is, I need the sh404sef. It is a critical plugin.

I Just communicated with the sh404sef team:

[2:47:00 μμ] Victor Drover: We'd happily troubleshoot, but can u first ask if it occurs when they switch to a default Joomla template? If it still happens, please have them post here: anything-digital.com/forum/extension/sh404sef/
12 years 8 months ago #175046 by nant
12 years 8 months ago #175047 by JimmyCB
Nant, there was "feedback" but not from Victor. It was a reply from just a site member. Considering I spent money on their product and they are not honest about it's compatibility with Joomla 1.7 and CB 1.7, I wrote to Victor. I told them that his business is not honest and that they are cheating customers. He told me that he will give me a refund. Bottom line, they don't want to deal with me.

When you browse their site as a new customer, prior to purchasing, there is no way to tell that their products are not up-to-date with Joomla 1.7 and CB 1.7. After you purchase, you realize that they're really only up-to-date with most of their products for Joomla 1.5. That puts me in a bad spot.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn