[SOLVED] Cant make User changes in backend - Cross posting

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209525 by tinman507
Joomla 2.5.6 CB 1.8.1

I am unable to edit anything in User management. If I make a change to a user profile and click "Save" it bounces to the main CB page without making the change. I tried to make changes in the Joomla Core User Manager and got a 403 - An error has occurred. Access Denied & Forbidden You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

I have tried reinstalling CB but no luck.

Help!!! I need to make edits to user level and other stuff but I am unable to do anything in User Management.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #209534 by nant

tinman507 wrote: Joomla 2.5.6 CB 1.8.1

I am unable to edit anything in User management. If I make a change to a user profile and click "Save" it bounces to the main CB page without making the change. I tried to make changes in the Joomla Core User Manager and got a 403 - An error has occurred. Access Denied & Forbidden You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

I have tried reinstalling CB but no luck.

Help!!! I need to make edits to user level and other stuff but I am unable to do anything in User Management.

Please turn on Joomla debug to max reporting and see if something more informative is displayed.

11 years 7 months ago #209547 by tinman507
Nant,

I did as you suggested and turned Debugging on and Debug Language on.
I only noticed a language error in one component. I uninstalled that component with all it's modules and plugins. I again went into CB User Mgr and tried to edit a user with same results. No errors shown. I do not know how to interpret what results are shown.

11 years 7 months ago #209548 by nant

tinman507 wrote: Nant,

I did as you suggested and turned Debugging on and Debug Language on.
I only noticed a language error in one component. I uninstalled that component with all it's modules and plugins. I again went into CB User Mgr and tried to edit a user with same results. No errors shown. I do not know how to interpret what results are shown.

Have you made any changes to the default Joomla 2.5 ACL settings or permissions?

11 years 7 months ago #209549 by tinman507
No changes to default settings. Looked into Super admin permissions. Changed inherited to allowed. No real change.

11 years 7 months ago #209550 by nant

tinman507 wrote: No changes to default settings. Looked into Super admin permissions. Changed inherited to allowed. No real change.

If you edit the same user from the Joomla user manager do you get similar error?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn